The bane of womens workouts : shorts or tights with a center crotch seam... Are the Tracksmith Lane 5's & Turnover Tights the only ones without this?

caddyman

** Hive mind, I love you. So many good suggestions. I'm trying to keep the list updated so keep posting, but I've got to get to bed, will check back in tmrw evening. Thanks everyone!!**

TLDR edit 2: I’m looking for good quality, long lasting WOMEN’s tight fittting/ compression style running shorts and tights WITHOUT A CENTER SEAM running up the front to use for high-intensity, sweaty, outdoor exercise like trail running, sprinting, etc.

Lots of high-rise stuff listed at bottom but still looking for low-mid rise options though!!Brands found so far : AYBL, ECHT, Grrl, Gymshark, K-Deer, Lavento, Lululemon, Till You Collapse. Tracksmith is still in the lead as it's the only outdoor tested brand suggested (i believe).

And please stop suggesting men's tights. I appreciate that you are trying to help me, but it's fucking unacceptable that designers are still pretending women are anatomically the same as a damn Barbie doll. I refuse to accept that compromise.For all the helpful people; I'm mad at them, not you.

You would think that this would be a more common design feature given that women, you know, have lady bits, and are 50% of the consumer market but alas..no. Crotch seams and cameltoe bandits are everywhere.

Other requirements for my Holy Grail:
  • Not even a high quality flatlock seam alá Lululemons’s Fast & Free 6”, been there, tried it, failed.
  • Needs to be a stretchy material that can take a beating, dries quickly, not chafe or slide down.
    • I live a very outdoor lifestyle, love trail running, sprint workouts, and I need my gear to keep up with me.
Bonus points :
  • a 4-6in (10-15cm) inseam for shorts
  • full length w/out zipper for tights.
  • doesn’t narrow in the waist
  • low or mid rise
    • I’m 5’7” but really short waisted, high rise stuff hits my solar plexus. Can’t wait for this trend to pass, it’s a nightmare for me shopping.
Feel free to list high-rise, 7/8s, etc for any other ladies searching for this unicorn.

So far all I’ve found is Tracksmith’s Lane Five’s and Turnover Tights, and I'm getting desperate enough to ruin my budget for them. However, I’d love some ladies feedback on either of these items or other options before pulling the trigger on $200 for 2 items.

Also anyone, male or female, who has TS stuff … Do the any colours show butt/crotch sweat??

I want to branch out from black, but am traumatised from a pair of charcoal grey Lulu’s F&F’s looking like I peed myself after a powerlifting workout.

I don’t mind looking like a sweaty mess, I’m proud of how hard I work, but I would like to go the grocery store afterwards without a kid pointing at me and saying “UH. OHHH. MOMMYY! (stage whisper) She wee’d herself!!” and having the entire checkout line stop everything & look at me.

Yes, that happened. Like I said, traumatized.

Edit : I crossposted in a couple different subs and have gotten some great suggestions so I'm gonna just list them here. Also, high waisted is not possible on me, but listing them here for everyone who loves this style.

AYBL
ECHT
Grrl

- Majestic CT Free Leggings (high rise)

Gymshark
K-Deer
Lavento
Lululemon
Til You Collapse

@caddyman Lululemon ‘all the places’ tights do not crawl down for me. Make sure you size down in those. I normally wear a size 8 and I always get a size 6. I also understand that fit is personal so they may crawl for those that do not have defined glutes or curves. I’ve had 4 pair for years. Machine wash delicate and hang dry. I only had one pair that developed a hole in the crotch area. Others have held up really well. Buy on Poshmark for less. I use for powerlifting, running, yoga, CrossFit. Worth every penny.

@caddyman Aussie here,

Here are my picks for cool/alternative designs that I wear in the gym, on special occasions, camping, cycling and everything in between. They are expensive but good quality. The only ones I haven't bought are Nixi Killick cause it ain't quite me and goo-life as they discontinued my fave design. I wear high-waisted only.

Flow Yoga Wear - great seams and designs, elastic around the waist no conducive to gentle curve (more muffin toppy) but still comfy. Great authentic vibes included in the packaging. It feels like they care about their mission and customers and the spirit of yoga. https://flowyogawear.com/collections/leggings

That New Label - extremely comfortable, feature wide band waist and small pocket for keys,notes etc. Amazing designs, possibly not hugely hard wearing, I've had some for about two years and they are starting to not fully spring back into shape after a wash around the knees and butt. Local Melbourne Artist.
https://thatnewlabel.com/collections/leggings-pants

BlackMilk - amazing quality, tights last 5-6 years of regular wear, eventually becoming stretched. Seams can come apart in the gusset but they take well to being sewn. I've slid down rocky waterfalls in these with no lasting damage. Thick waistband that is comfy but firm, great designs but a bit too generic now for me. They get lots of popular licenses like Harry Potter and Game of Thrones. Worth the money for sure, always feel cool and swimsuity unless you get the velvet ones which are quite warm.
https://blackmilkclothing.com/shop/bottom/leggings

Nixi Killick - good quality, top prices, original designs from a Melbourne Artist. Can't speak to the experience, having never bought them but friends have worn their gear for years.
https://www.nixikillick.com/

GooLife - Sick designs, inclusive for trans, non-binary or folks who don't care to dress traditionally for their gender. Haven't worn their clothing. Melbourne-based again. https://www.goolifeclothing.com/collections/leggings

Alternative Women's Fitness - derby-level alternative designs, rock and roll vibes. Great customer support and product made to order. They care about catering to a range of body sizes rather than focussing on the slim market. (My first purchase will be arriving soon, fingers crossed) quality is good from what I've seen on someone else but haven't worn them myself yet.
https://alternativeactivewear.com.au/collections/leggings

@caddyman This AliExpress store has served me well; allegedly these are like Lulu dupes but i don't own any Lululemon to compare. I do tend to be picky about my leggings,, though,, and these are squat proof and very confortable! Their 3.0 line (linked) doesn't have middle seams. However, they run on the shorter side - I'm 5'3" and they fit me perfectly lengthwise, so they're equivalent to about a 7/8 length in normal brands. I also have 2 pairs of their bike shorts and really like them. For $20 worth a try imho!

@caddyman YES. THANK YOU. It was about time I complain about this again. Are men designing leggings still? fucking ridiculous.

I will add to all these knit seamless suggestions the fact that they might still show camel. Sometimes they over emphasize the area and cling to every nook and cranny.

No one has mentioned CLS yet: CLS Sportswear, no front seam options they are also woman-owned :)

@caddyman Check out Gaidama. They make compression gear of different lengths (full, shorts, capris) for women. No center seam, no camel toe, sweat wicking. It says products are for grappling but I’ve found them super comfortable for anything else. Imagine if you felt comfortable fighting in this gear, you’ll feel comfortable lifting, doing yoga, etc also.

https://gaidama.com/shop/

@caddyman All access center stage shorts don't have a front seam and they're AMAZING. I have a pair of gymshark shorts that aren't my favorite but a bunch of people seem to live and breathe for them so maybe worth a shot!

@caddyman I know you mentioned not liking hi rise but Girlfriend leggings are my favorites!! I currently only own 1 pair that I bought 4 years ago and they look very close to new despite me wearing them often and definitely not treating them well. My second pair is in the mail!

@caddyman I’ve bought Balance Athletica pants for a few years. I’m waiting on my front-seamless ones to come in, but from the quality of my “standard” ones, I expect they’ll be stellar.

@caddyman I just want to say that I have a pair of leggings (can’t remember the brand right now) that don’t have a vertical front seam (they have the upside-down U-seam if you know what I mean) and they give me the WORST cameltoe. I try to wear them around the house, or with extra long shirts only, but every time I wear them, my husband goes, “Are you really wearing those?!” 👀
🤦🏻‍♀️

Back