The bane of womens workouts : shorts or tights with a center crotch seam... Are the Tracksmith Lane 5's & Turnover Tights the only ones without this?

@caddyman I don't have an exact pair in mind but I would check out some dance supply stores. In my experience, most dancewear companies don't make pants with a center seam because nobody wants the audience seeing your camel toe! I was a dancer for years and there are so many different styles of compression shorts/leggings available that I'm sure you could find something to fit your criteria.

Discount Dance

Dancewear Solutions

@caddyman I love my Under Armour low-rise, 4”, compression shorts ($30). They look like they have a crotch seam from the pics, but they don’t. There is extra fabric stitched in - maybe like the gusseted crotch someone else mentioned. I bought my first pair for running like 8 years ago and they’re still in great shape (and not from lack of use): https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/p...s/1300160.html?start=36&breadCrumbLast=Shorts

Edit: Changed the link. Old link was to shorts with 3” inseam. This link is 4”, but I think they may even make a 6” in this style.

@seen121 Ummmm the model in the link has a visible cameltoe.... maybe they've changed from when you got them?

I had amazing seamless UA ones 15yrs ago, lasted me 10yrs easily...but the brands design and quality has gone down in the last couple of pieces I've had from them.

@caddyman UA has changed their design in the last couple years. I also have had pairs of the 5" compression from several years ago that still are holding up. I looked recently at their site and everything has the center inseam. Massively disappointed in UA.

@christfollower1995678 Seriously, it's maddening. So many high tech huge brands and barely any one has options without it. I think it's just laziness of design/ cost cutting. It's more difficult to shape stretchy fabric around curves like that, so its cheaper to just do a seam up the middle.

@caddyman You’re probably right that it’s a cost cutting thing. My god, i’s just the worst thing. Always having to pull them down a bit and checking constantly when you’re wearing them. They’re so comfortable for so many activities and yet this one simple thing that’s on so many of them, make them problematic.

@caddyman I love my Do You Even hyper flex seamless. I’ve got the tights but they also have shorts. Absolutely recommend. Have two pairs that I’ve owned for a year and they wear so well. Will repurchases when they reach the end of their life.

@caddyman Edited to add links

I recommended this in another thread yesterday, but it’s also relevant here. Curves n Combat Boots has several leggings with no front seam:

-Opal Shimmer (they’re iridescent and shiny!!!)
-Black shimmer no pockets (leather vibes)
-Black Shimmer with pockets
-Lavish
-Executive (has butt scrunch if you’re into that)
-Embossed Camo

And the ones that do have a front seem also have a gusset. They are, however, very high waisted. Some styles have a top seam with an elastic band, some don’t. Bonus: almost all styles have pockets! I have several pairs, with and without a front seam, and haven’t had camel toe issues.

HOWEVER, the shorts were horrrrrible for riding up where I didn’t want them to. Not only did it look bad but it was uncomfortable. I’m sure they work fine for others, but be weary of the shorts.

@caddyman I love K-Deer for yoga, but I don't run, so I'm not sure how they are for that activity. I own several pairs, though, because they are so very comfortable and move so nicely without riding up. I'm kind of in between the small and medium sizes there, but the small feels more compressive without being uncomfortable.

Edit: Sorry, I skimmed through thinking no one had suggested this brand, but I was wrong! Apologies for the repeat.

@caddyman They're awesome! I've never had sweat stains or worried about it in the moment, no matter how much I sweat. I like the longest version of leggings so I can pull the fabric down over my sweaty heels so I don't slip as much. The fabric is pretty smooth, too, but it helps.

@caddyman Ryderwear has heaps of seamless collections! I have these and I love them. I have the full length versions too. No front or back seam.

Edit: just saw that you don’t like high rise. here is a link to pole dancing shorts that aren’t high rise, and don’t have a front seam. They have other styles of shorts too.

Edit: same thing but you can roll down the waist so it’s either mid rise or low rise.

@caddyman I'm going to recommend either the Gymshark Vital Seamless or the BuffBunny Harley Biker Short.

The Gymshark Vital Seamless shorts are really great. The material is thin, breathable, and moisture-wicking. I live in Arizona and I ran a lot in these over the summer. All of them have a marled color/texture so they hide sweat really well. They have a great high compression feel in the waist and they don't budge. They also look a LOT shorter on the website/models than they really are. If I don't bunch the leg up, they fit like a 4-5" inseam short and they don't roll up. Also- I've worn my Vital leggings hiking and playing frisbee. I've fallen a few times in them and the material is totally fine, so real signs of wear and tear. You might also like their Flex shorts- they have both a high-rise and mid-rise option, and the inseam is a touch longer too. They have the same marled texture and darker colors hide sweat really well. They're just not as high compression.

I just got the BuffBunny ones so I haven't had the chance to test them as much, but I've been super happy with them so far. No front seam, true biker short length, and the printed ones hide sweat super well. Plus they're made from their Perform fabric so they wick sweat well and hold up to high intensity workouts.

@caddyman I have no solution and I. So glad you asked this. My issue is when I wear my usual legging for CrossFit and the WOD has a ton of sit-ups- I get the worst butt hickey from the seam!

Back