Transitioning from 6 days a weeks to 3-4

@thebelovedofgod At no point did I mention vibe based training. I’m talking about results. I train people for a living and am advanced myself. I don’t base my opinions on vibes or what I read on Reddit!

Do you have any pictures of your physique?

@jess1 I'll be real, I don't feel comfortable sharing pics online. I used to be fat, and I still feel fat whenever I'm not at the very apex of a cutting phase, even when I hit ~10% BF.

I get that you're a PT, but pretty much every coach out there recommends, and almost every popular program I can think of is built around the idea, that hitting muscles twice a week is the way to go. Research seems to support this. Why do you think people would be better off not doing this?

@jess1 Agreed regarding frequency. After many years of trial and error hitting a big body part every 4-5th day is what works best for me on an asynchronous type rotation. Frequency is bar none the toughest thing to gauge. Because some “ study “ that comes out every other minute says this or that does not mean one size fits all. Guys/gals have gained training less while some training more. Back in the 90’s we all trained each lift directly once a week and gained. Had a squat day, bench day, and deadlift day. Occasionally a second day but light. Then in the early early 2k’s I switched to DC training. Was trained by a pretty big big DC guy here in NC. Grew like a weed. That requires hitting each BP every 4th to 5th day. Damn did I grow. The good ole days, lol.Remember compound lifts have overlap with direct indirect stimulation. At 46 and after many years 1.5 still remains the sweet spot and still what I recommend to younger guys. Longevity

@angel_heart Yep. People need to get rid of the idea there is an ideal frequency everyone should follow.

The studies are normally done on one or twice a week frequency and not all the other options. Then there’s the many problems with all these studies have which means they shouldn’t be taken as fact.

I’m 40. I think when you’ve been training years you realise that all this stuff people worry about in order to be training ‘optimally’ doesn’t matter. It’s always young beginners that have these strong opinions on training.

If people focused more on progressive overload and not hitting a certain number of sets a workout, or training a muscle a certain number a week then they would soon find out what’s best for them.