Vegan Fitness Transformation - 1 year fitness update

jeanxon

One year transformation for this 51-year-old. Been working a fitness program and shredding for 8 weeks at a time over the past year. I've lost a total of 43lbs and maintained and in some areas gained strength. I'm continuing to shred through the summer shooting for another 30lbs gone or 12% body fat before I start bulking. I'm doing this patiently because I want to avoid injury and make sure this is a lifestyle change I can maintain, not some crash diet.

This 43lbs is in addition to 35lbs I lost since going vegan 4 years ago.

Before Vegan -
Spring 2018 -
Last Week 2019 -

@leyah Cruiser and longboard. I work in Minneapolis but live in the suburbs. I have a cruiser board that I'll bring into the office and then use to get around the city in combination with transit during the summer.

@godwetrust First 35lbs or so came off in the first 6 months of going vegan. My activity level went up, and my eating was much more reasonable after switching to vegan. No more junk food, so much less processed foods. I ended up stalled at around 235-245lbs for 2 years not able to get any lower. But then I was thinking I just needed to work out more, be more active. It wasn't until I started getting vegan coaching that I realized it was what and how much I eat that was just if not more important than the physical activity.

April 20th of 2018 I was at 246lbs. That was my first check in before I started the fitness program.

Last friday my final check-in was at 203lbs. Just a few weeks over 1 year. I have been losing between 6 and 12lbs every 8 weeks. Mostly depending on the level of stress in my life. Even eating at a calorie deficit, if I'm not getting regular sleep, or family/work stress hangs around, my body will not let lose of fat. I'm protective of my sleep, and I do meditate and practice mindfulness to help with stress.

@jeanxon Awesome. I really want my son to go vegan. He is about the size of your before picture. I'm really praying for him. This is encouraging so thank you for taking the time to share your story :)