Vellner does 100 Burpee Box Jump Overs in 5:37

@pebblesofhoward Put this on my list of things not to do, just below burpee mile.
Also, in the spirit of progression, when 7 minutes of burpees came up in the open back in ‘11 or ‘12 a lot of people were in the 110-120 range.

@tp243 I feel like a burpee mile team WOD could approach doable (e.g. 4 person team with 1 working at a time to progress toward the mile... but solo? F No

@chiole it sort of bothers me he doesn't stand up all the way on the box. is that not required as part of this routine and if not why? im new and hoping to learn by asking this. not my intention to criticise. thank you.

@anthony8 When it is an ‘over’ you don’t have to extend on the box. Different when you descend back the way you came. In that case you normally have to extend.

@anthony8 Box jumps require you to stand all the way up, but jump overs dont AFAIK.

My guess is that it's meant to be a movement programmed for speed and higher volume.

@anthony8 As seen in other comments - it's a box jump over, not a box jump. Extension on top of the box is not required and in fact you can just broad jump over the box without touching it if you want (although it's exhausting).

@mertt It’s also the poutine.

The fries give you energy, the gravy gives you muscle, and the cheese curds make you immune to pain.

Back