Videos of women outdoing/keeping up with men in physical activities?

@nordicgirl I don’t really think about this or have any favorites. But I noticed this with the reality show the Climb about rock climbers. The women held their own and I think just as many of them made it to the semis as men. A trans man won.

@nordicgirl I’ve read that female-bodies people tend to excel at endurance, and male-bodied people tend to excel at short powerful bursts of activity. Estrogen is crucial is the repair/regeneration of muscle tissue, has positive effects on performance, and leads to reduced muscle injury. Conversely, estrogen decreases ligament stiffness which increases the odds of ligament injury. Tradeoffs!

Anyway, it’s cool to see women getting a chance to shine!

@nordicgirl I adored Physical 100! I was so so happy to see so many women killing it. My highlight was when that woman won her way back into the competition on the rope hold and seeing everyone being absolutely shocked that a woman got back in, beating out so many men.

@goldladyslipper I came here to suggest this as well. I can't remember who it was but in one of the earlier episodes one of the ladies had challenged a man to the wrestling/fight portion, and I was really impressed with how she stood her ground. I think she eventually lost but it was seriously impressive.

@nordicgirl Check out ultra-running! At the very extreme of the sport, it seems to be just about the only one where women perform better than men. I think around the 300 km mark or so, women start to outpace men overall. There’s a few kickass female ultra runners who can dominate the real extremely long races, while the sport is still mostly male in competitor demographics.

@dawn16
who's beaten men in ultras several times

I think you’re underselling her quite a bit. At Western States this year she came in 6th overall, meaning she beat almost every single man in the race, except those top 5. She’s the GOAT!

@justanewkid So true! I posted it last night before bed so I didn't go into detail. She's done even better in several races, such as winning first overall on top of all the men for the Moab 240 in 2017, the Backyard Ultra in second place overall, and Tahoe 200 in second place overall. She's such a beast and a real inspiration.

@dawn16 She is!

And how about her triple crown this year? She’s the only athlete ever to win Western States, Hardrock, and UTMB in the same season. What a legend.