Wanting to get into doing an AB routine but would also like to avoid DOMS if at all possible?

kathynorms

I'd really like to get into working on my abdominals while avoiding DOMS or too much soreness as much as possible (i never work out)

i'm a very slim guy and I naturally have the V at the bottom but I know I can make it better

Any tips on getting into an AB workout routine while also not making my stomach feel like absolute death the next day?

@kathynorms You take a regular workout and cut it in half. Add Tylenol and protein. DOMS is typically strongest at the start of any type of intense targeted exercise period. It also gets better and less intense the more you exercise. Don't fear the DOMS, because you can't always avoid it. Make sure you stretch and hydrate.

@kathynorms You will have it. The strength depends on how much you went over your own limits. Things that can limit it :

- not go to failure (which is hard when you're a newbie since you don't know your limits yet).

- warmup (general warmup for blood flow then specific wamrup for joints you'll use).

- hydration

- paracetamol the day after