Weight loss over 4 months (age 30 / 188 cm / 74,7 kg) - Pics and data!

@xlembonis nice! I am about as tall as you, just finished a four month cut, going from 80 kg to 74 kg. You definitively look better. I'll have to do something about those 25 years I have on you!

@onestrongwriter Lol thanks, I tried. I see a relation between weight and average caloric intake which I thought was nice. Also it shows how non-linear weight loss is. But I guess the presentation could be better.

@xlembonis Time axis is in days as labeled which determines your input data which creates the trend line so it's mislabeled in the header, as your progress over 4 months, when the trend line according to the axis label shows days.

@purplelady No I never really did bulking, maybe naturally though haha, but I just felt like cutting and this was my second time cutting ever after a failed first attempt.

@johnmartin I think it's more important to enjoy nice food and drinks during holidays. Don't ruin that with feelings of guilt/regret or you'll damage your psychological relationship with food.

You could prevent this by compensating beforehand with a stricter lower intake in the week before so you can just eat at maintenance or above during holidays. Bonus: You will be appreciating the food during holidays even more and will feel like an earned reward! Tip: Don't heavily compensate the day before holidays, you want to feel nice and excited for what's to come, not low on energy.

Furthermore, consider the holiday as a diet break, which benefit recovery of hormones/metabolism and sustainable weight loss in the long run, i.e. your cutting after the holiday will be more effective and be less susceptible for regaining weight after ending your cut.

Still track what you eat in some way, just ballpark estimate the calories in your head at least, to prevent excess.

Last resort: Compensate afterwards (over multiple days or a week).

I guess it's about getting yourself a toolbox with solutions you can trust so you don't have to worry during the holidays.

Back