What is the core equivalent of walking, i.e. a natural motion you can just do more of to use those muscles without “exercises”?

@called2 Honestly this isn’t what you’re looking for, but a plank. Correct form gets all areas of core and back and you can get down and hold it for 10 seconds at a time if you want

@called2 Idk how to describe it but I try to keep my core engaged while walking. Sort of an elliptical glide while walking for cardio and some overall body toning. I’ve noticed a difference in my abs and back muscles since starting this.

Diaphragmatic breathing is a great way to build core strength as well. There are lots of videos on YouTube if you are unfamiliar with the method. Here is one example

@called2 Extended standing with proper posture. You’ll definitely feel it after a while. I had a job that required a lot of standing and I have a fear of getting a hunchback so I would just stand straight for those 8ish hours. Definitely felt it in the core area.
Alternatively, floor core exercises (crunches, sit ups, etc) can help improve your standing posture. So yea, works both ways but you definitely have to be more self aware of the posture when you’re trying to do it for a long time.

@called2 Drinking water. Going to the bathroom. Pulling pants down. Peeing. Pulling pants back up.

I’m not kidding. If I actually get enough water for the day, my steps average about 1000 more

Back