What's your 30 minute go-to workout program if you're trying to get leaner?

mawglad

I think this is beginner friendly but I put all the ones I like and I kind of enjoy for years now. Something I can squeeze in if I find myself not had enough time in my morning run or workout block. I want to see what others have too. Mine would be:
  • few stretches first
Upper
- 14 x 2 bicep curls
- 14 x 2 overhead triceps ext
- 14 x 2 side lateral raises

Lower
- 14 x 2 raising knee to fron and side (L&R)
- 14 x 2 raising leg sideways (L&R)
- 14 x 2 squats
  • stretch a bit

@pd7 I keep going back to this after owning it for 13 years. I used to do the program once a year, but I’ve been focusing on weight training and using the cardio on my off days recently.

@mawglad I'm not sure I understand. Is this your training session, or like a back up if you don't have time for a full session?

Regardless, the only way to get lean is by losing weight, and the best way to lose weight is by eating less.

@ivans Not necessarily. Skinny fat is a thing. You could be skinny and not look lean. But I do agree you can only lose weight by doing a calorie deficit

@mawglad HIIT - running is best value for time in terms of losing/maintaining weight… try doing body weight training for last 10 mins… assuming you are limited on equipment?

@caspet 100%. I just thought since this is a workout sub I can take a peak at how other people squeeze some "workout" even having hectic schedule given they eat accordingly.

@mawglad I always tell myself that if I have an hour to watch TV or sit around, I have time to get a workout in. Could be that I get up an hour earlier in the morning and smash out a workout. I found I used to make a lot of excuses to sit around when you could easily go for a walk instead.

@straykat Ok, thanks? People commenting like I said anything about food. Of course eating less is the priority for people trying to lose or get lean. It's the workout sub - just trying to collect ideas for a good half hour of workout from other people that's all. Surprisingly, people can't keep their mouth shut even if it's a totally different subject.

@mawglad Why not just do an easy 30 min walk or jog?

My workouts routinely take between 1.5-2hrs on average, hence why I don’t have any 30 minute “workout programs” to recommend lol

Hell my warm up and cool down period alone is about 30 mins out together

Back