Where to shop

stephen583

So I’m 5’2” and in the past year went from around 140 lbs, size 6-8 to around 115 lbs, size 0 or smaller. Where on earth do y’all buy adult clothes that actually fit?

@stephen583 If you’re into subscription boxes, I highly, highly recommend Short Story (shortstorybox.com). I just started using them this year after my sister told me about it and WOW, I didn’t realize how poorly my clothes fit before. They even send you a measuring tape in your first box to make sure they are sending items that work well for your measurements. It’s particularly great for basics!

They have a referral code that waives your first styling fee, if you have a friend that uses it. If not, you’re always welcome to message me if you want to try it out and save the fee.

@stephen583 I’m 5’1” 108lbs. I shop target, Walmart,Ross, Costco etc. everyone has small sizes. Jeans usually have waist and length on tags. Best fitting jeans I found have been 7 All of Mankind. I bought two pairs during the holidays (very pricey jeans). Size 24 which is the waist size. So comfortable! Target has a brand called universal thread. I wear those in size 0 or 2 and the length can be 27-29. Ann Taylor XS clothes. Costco does not have size 0 but they do carry XS. No problems finding clothes that fit.

@stephen583 Take advantage of the teen section lol or maybe even the kids clothes lol

I once bought cheaper kids nike shoes.

But i mostly shop petite section and seek inseam leggings of '26 inches

@stephen583 5'3 105lbs rn.

The RealReal typically lists measurements for their stuff. I look for jeans/bottoms with a 22/23 in waist, tips in 00, 0, or xxs.

@stephen583 I try to buy from sustainable clothing stores and they usually fit pretty well! REI, Prana, toad & co, the REI co op line is amazing

I LOVE thrifting (always have always will!). And make sure you’re getting petite. I have spent my fair amount of time crying when clothes don’t fit, so I get it. I’ve been both bigger and smaller.