Which Caroline Girvan workout would you recommend?

zoe1188

Edit: I am already working on my diet. Just want to up y workout game.

Went through a lot of posts on this sub about weight loss and fitness. One name that has remain constant is Caroline Girvan. Coincidentally I have been doing her fit for you 15 min workouts (a couple of them).

But I want to level up a lil. I am above the beginner level, I can do intermediate level exercise when I am not tired from previous day.

So which Caroline Girvan workout would you recommend for weight loss (more so to aid in fat loss)?

I am 5 feet, 65 kgs (143 pounds) currently. Goal weight is 52-55 (115-120 pounds roughly).

Weekly workout (currently) -
HIIT workouts (25-30 mins)x 2
Caroline Girvan strength trainingx 2
Pilatesx 1/2

I have also made changes in my diet to cut out processed food. Nothing down what I eat to avoid binge eating (I use to eat without much thought before, now it has reduced to a great extent).

Equipment I have: A dumbell set and yoga mat

Tdlr: Which Caroline Girvan workout would you suggest to aid in weight loss?

@zoe1188 Weight loss is all about eating at a calorie deficit. It doesn’t matter which program you use.

Building muscle will be difficult while eating at a calorie deficit. You’ll likely see some lean muscle form if you’re a newbie but probably not what you’re picturing in your head when you’re thinking of building muscle, which takes a looongggg time of hard and intentional training and eating at a surplus.

To put it more bluntly you won’t look like CG just by doing her workouts.

@wellsja Ik, I don't aim to look like her. I just want a lil definition, aid my weight loss and make progress in that dept. No unrealistic drastic changes tbh.

@zoe1188 At this stage it doesn’t really matter which program you choose, the one that you enjoy the most and will do most consistently will be the key! It’s ok to try a program for a week or two, and switch if you’re not feeling it. But you’d probably want to do two months of consistent lifting with good diet to start to see aesthetic changes (strength changes will come sooner)

@zoe1188 I just started doing the iron series. I’m on like day 3 or 4 after picking some random ones to do. I really enjoy them. 30 minutes which is doable and also challenging. I really try to work on form and the muscle-mind connection.

@zoe1188 i'm currently halfway through epic 1 but i've done a lot of them previously

to answer your question: any of her programs when done consistently will aid in body recomposition (aka lose fat, grow muscle). which to me is the ultimate goal for most petites. we want to look ~*~*toned, defined~*~* and have a high metabolism. her programs certainly support that. i maintain on 2,450 cals doing her workout routines so i vouch for it!

so yes, they're designed in a great way to help with fat loss BUT when you start a workout program like hers your body will likely retain water weight from the new exercise stimulus and the adaptations going on inside your muscles/glycogen etc. before you actually see your weight drop. body recomposition takes a lot of patience and 'trust in the process' before you see your scale weight change.

try to keep that in mind that before looking to start caroline program just to see your scale weight number go down straightaway because most likely your weight will stay the same as your body grows muscle & sheds fat over weeks / months of working out. this is what i'm going through! my weight has gone up a few lbs but i look leaner and more defined than before so i'm trying to be patient.

i honestly think you should commit to any of her programs fully (10 weeks - 50 workouts. weekly routine: 4x strength training, 1x hiit) and see how you feel. i've noticed a lot of great results from her programming. YOU GOT THIS, GOOD LUCK!!!

@iamfavored2015 Thank you for such a detailed reply.

I actually when doing her workout 4 times a week saw myself gain 1 kg. Saw included more HIIT. But now after reading your comment I understand why it happened. Thank you. Your comment has been kinda enlightening to me.

@zoe1188 i'm really glad it helps - i've learned a lot over the past few months about losing weight in a healthy way. (check out missfitandnerdy on youtube! she has good advice about fat loss, in my opinion. videos like this or this)

yeah it's very normal to see your weight go up a bit when you start a new exercise regimen or start focusing more on strength training! your body is adapting to this new 'stressor' on your body (muscles holding onto water, more glycogen held in the cells to heal/repair/grow your muscles, etc).

that's why oftent he advice when on a weight loss journey is to be patient, don't focus on the scale (or just ignore it), and keep going

Back