Workout split PPL X Arnold

@cdnguy37 Upper + lower = 2 days

PPL = 3 days

Less days same muscles worked, and you get to hit legs twice rather than once in your split

It’s just more efficient. Why spend 5 days accomplishing less than what you can do in 4?

@paulsimmonds60 How would you structure a ppl x upper lower? I want to do something similar, but I feel like doing all of what I would do on push and pull day is too much

Like op I was doing ppl with only legs once a week

Ik this is old too lol

@paulsimmonds60 Well, it's not that I can't do 5 days it's that I'm lazy lol and usually don't go weekends, which is why I was doing ppl only one leg day
But I guess sometimes things have to change, yk

could it also be run
Push pull legs rest upper lower rest?

@promisedchild I didn’t mean if you can do 5 days a week, I meant if you can only do 5 days in a row it won’t work because the rest days spread out are required.

Due to time constraints, I switched back to an Upper Lower 4x a week myself, but I move biceps and triceps to the end of my leg workout and have seen great results from that.

@paulsimmonds60 I see my bad, sorry
The only reason I like to do 5 days in a row is more due to me just liking to have the weekend off which is why I always skipped my second leg day lol a upper lower split would make more sense for me but I have the time and availability to go weekends so I could really do anything tbh

Might finish loosing the last few kilos and then either just do my second leg day or do ppl x upper lower

Thanks for the tips and advice :)

@promisedchild No worries. I'm not a huge fan of the PPL myself. In the past, the 5 day split I've done is an Upper-Lower-Arnold hybrid. I just prefer working antagonistic muscle groups and struggled with arm gains on a PPL. Much prefer moving the arms away from the big push/pull lifts.

Back