would this be a good start routine?

peacemaker58

Plan to work out again to really just improve health and flexibility. Currently 31 and 195 pound and 6.1 feet. Thinking of starting off with simple 1 kilometer run which i easily increase with time. 10 push ups, 10 squats, and 30 second planks. Then thinking of redoing my old system of one pull up when i need to use bathroom.

From here it’s easy and if not mistaken still will do something. And increasing should be easy with time. Not the mention this can be relatively quick on time since after 10 hours away from home because work i dont want start working out as job 2.0

@peacemaker58 simply: it is a good routine if you can follow it ;)

I'd start really slow to see your current conditions. Better, get yourself a notebook and dokument your plan and process. For instance:

Run (1s set; length limit; bpm limit; speed limit)
1k / 160bpm avg.

push ups (sets; speed 1030(1s up 0s hold 3s down 0s hold); reps; extra kilos; pause)
0kg / 10reps

squats (sets; 2030; kilos; reps; pause)
0kg / 10reps

planks (30s; pause)
30s

Though, with this you slowly, increase if you feel save and see all your progess you made in the past sessions. Do this for 6 weeks and then you should reach the gap where progress minimizes. If this happens, define new routines.

Cardio:

You should not do the run at beginning. This makes your gain less. The power for the following training will be used from your muscels. If necessary for weight loss, you should do the run after training. I do my cardio on non strength training days.

Supplements:

If you want to use supplements, start with BCAAs or any similar recovery drinks. This can easily drunk post-workout and you will feel much more refreshed the day after. With Proteins you can start in 2-3 Month.