[X-Post-rLoseIt] Down 18lbs in 4 weeks :)

yac11

i know the transformations here are usually for strength + muscle rather than weight loss but i was a lurker on this subreddit for over a year and finally at a level where i feel i could start lifting and build a strong body like ive dreamed of seeing you ladies progress. thanks for the inspo.

5'4 183lbs to 165lbs

finally made progress + found out i was doing everything wrong. i started eating healthy to lose weight 5 years ago didnt touch alcohol fast food or junk food + gained 20lbs in that time.

after hiring an online coach from a post on this sub i was told i was eating too many calories. just eating healthy food isnt enough controling the amount you eat is the key. i was eating avocados rice sweet potato every day + i was going way over my calories. have started to weigh food so i can better understand portion sizes i feel this can be a lasting change for me. will be starting a gym program in 2 weeks so i can build muscle and get toned but very happy with my progress.

i dont know how many calories im eating but heres a day from last week.

breakfast- oatmeal 40g, raspberries 60g, 1 egg + 2 egg whites omelette.

midmorning snack- 1 apple + 1 tablespoon peanut butter

lunch- chicken breast 120g, spinach 100g, mixed peppers 60g, wholegrain wrap.

afternoon snack- fiber one bar

dinner- steak 120g, broccoli 80g, sweet potato fries, 5 asparagus sticks

dessert- greek yogurt + blueberries.

for workouts, 2 days of hiit and 4 days of walking. not at a fitness level that allows me to run just yet. i think the biggest change is the food but im excited for when i can start doing better workouts + start lifting weights. i know that i will have stretch marks, maybe loose skin and i will lose most of my boobs when my body fat gets lower but it will be worth it to be stronger + healtheir.

@yac11 Good job, keep it up! Personally, I find the Fiber One bars to be not very good and pretty low in protein, and much prefer the Think Thin protein bars -- they actually taste good, are sugar free, and have 20g protein (versus the 6g protein and 7g sugar in Fiber One high protein bars). They're about 90 calories more, but I think worth it for the extra protein and better taste.

@deborahg i agree, if you compare the ingredients of think thin to the fiber bar you'd see that think thin is better for you. we do not exactly know how much fiber bar you eat in a month but maybe switch it up. add think thin bars to your meal plan!

@yac11 Personally I feel everyone, but especially women, should be doing some form of resistance training no matter their fitness level. It's too essential to our general health to forego for any reason (except for something like having a major injury.)

There is no fitness level you need to reach before you begin. That's completely illogical. I'm not saying everyone should just throw a barbell on their back or start tossing kettlebells without educating themselves and taking proper precautions...but you could have started months ago and now be on your way to revealing an already "toned" body as you lose fat.

Maybe your trainer is just worried about scaring you off by making things too complicated, but too many women lose out on the benefits of strength training because they think it requires either a set of testicles or an advanced level of fitness knowledge to get started.

But, like, push-ups for instance. Anyone can start those at any time, at any degree of difficulty. Goblet squats? Super easy for beginners to get good at and fantastic for shaping your legs (and for HIIT!).

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I hate for people to think strength training is too "advanced" for them.

@jrm36 it is 5 rounds of 5 exercises for 1 minute each it changes every week but so far it has been jumping jacks, mountain climbers, burpees and others this was my first week actually being able to complete the workouts fully.

@jay7 expensive but she said will plan out everything beyond the 8 weeks and i can contact her with any questions so i guess she is worth it + i have seen these results so far

@yac11 Ya I finished last month and she still answers all my emails so she is worth it and doesn't want you to sign back up when you finish which is rare. Can't wait to see your results after the full 8 weeks, good luck!

@yac11 hahaha that's funny. i don't think the distance of your stance from the mirror is a factor. you can see a big change from the left pic to the right pic! i'd like to know who your coach is, my wedding is in aug and im doing almost every diet plan out there to reach my goal weight and not seeing progress. HIIT is a really great exercise program! we'd love to see your progress in 60 days!