Youtube Dance Workouts

ifyoubelieveme

Hey everyone! I checked and don’t think this is against the rules, but apologize if so!

As some context, I never really loved working out until I started doing YouTube dance videos four years ago. I became pretty consistent, lost 40 pounds, and actually enjoy working out! I try to explore all styles of dance to shake it up and thought I would share some of my favorite YouTube channels/videos:

567Broadway: Super fun channel by choreographer Joesph Corella who makes easy to follow routines to famous Broadway songs

Move with Colour: Consists mostly of 80/90’s music slowly pieced together in 10-20 minute routines.

Rodney Howell: Tap dance tutorials – from beginner to advanced

Kukuwa Fitness: Easy to follow along, high energy African dance videos.

Lazy Dancer Tips Ballet Routines ranging from beginner to advanced – there is barre, center, flow-alongs, and even targeted workouts.

New York City Ballet Workout: Ever want to do a hard workout to classical music? If so, this one is a go to!

Classic 80’s Workout: There are a ton of old 80’s workouts on Youtube, this one just happens to be the one I’ve enjoyed the most.

Kathryn Morgan: Another fantastic ballet channel by a profession dancer.

Just Dance: Remember that old wii game where you dance along to the songs of the year? Pretty much every song is uploaded on youtube, and they still are insanely fun!

The Fitness Marshall: High energy dance workouts to the current songs on the radio.

Dance Off the Inches: This one is country line dance, but you can easily find ballroom, hip-hop, and salsa posted as well. Some of it is a bit dated, but still fun 45 minute workouts.

Celtic Dance Workout: This is one I’ve yet to complete in one sitting. This workout is tradition Celtic Dance, and is fantastic!

Tahiti Dance Fitness: Traditional Polynesian dance tutorials for all levels. While it make seem “slow”, you will really feel it in your legs the next day.

Beginner Dance Tutorials: A mixed bag of tap, jazz, and popular dance with step-by-step choreography! (Mostly longer videos in the 40 minute range, but there are a few shorter ones)

ChakaboomFitness: Very similar to Just Dance! Follow along dance workouts to popular songs

Hope this is somewhat helpful! I love exploring new videos/styles of dance, so please feel free to share others you’ve found! :)

edit: Adding some other channels that people in the comments suggested! You guys are so amazing and supportive - keep rocking on!

Dance Fitness With Jessica: Follow-alongs to popular music (thanks suzzzq!)

Pamela Reif: From what I can tell, it looks like she does more traditional "work-out moves" to popular music. Still a cool channel, though! (thanks 012596)

THE STUDIO: Mostly HIIT dance videos. Tried one and it kicked my butt for sure! (thanks ChelBelleLifts!)

Shuffle: A newer style of electronic dance that originated in the rave scene in the 90's (thanks fitgear73!)

Mylee Dance: Awesome follow-alongs to popular songs (thanks maerad96 and gimme-42!)

Emkfit: Dance-based HIIT workouts such as Shrek, Broadway, and Taylor Swift (thanks mmkay412!)

@ifyoubelieveme This is such a thorough and amazing list! I was looking for a specific kind of dance workout and found a half dozen options on your list that seem perfect plus others I wouldn't even have known to look for. Thanks for putting it all together!

@ifyoubelieveme I know you posted this over a year ago, but I just wanted to say thanks for the effort! My husband started working evenings so I can't leave my toddler with him to go for my evening run and this list is EXACTLY what I needed to get some cardio in after bedtime.

THANK YOU 😍

@ifyoubelieveme thank you for this comprehensive list! i love dance workouts - as a musical theater student, they not only get me sweating but also help get me used to learning choreography quickly/on the fly and mimicking an instructor as closely as possible - all of which is critical for surviving dance calls!

i'd like to add MadFit to the list - she's my go-to for youtube workouts because she doesn't scream and has a mix of standard bodyweight/HIIT workouts plus dance workouts - either to 15-minute mashups or to individual songs! link to her channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpQ34afVgk8cRQBjSJ1xuJQ

@ifyoubelieveme Perfect timing! I started doing dance cardio about a month ago and I love it. It always keeps me motivated and is so fun! I love MadFits dance party workouts. Can't wait to try some of these!