13 Y/O in a dillema about weight

dorothymckenzie

Due to certain cicumstances I cant go to the gym for a while, I have a pair of dumbells which go from 4-8kgs each.

In the gym, I did 12.5 kg barbell bicep curls, but since the weights on my dumbells only increase in increments of 2, My choices are an 8kg barbell or 2 8kg dumbells.

the 8kg barbell is just way too easy for any growth. 50 reps 3 sets, EASY.

but the 8kg each hand is wayyyyyyyyyyy too much, I got 5 per hand before I start swinging to get the weight up.

So do i continue increasing volume even further?? or do i just go with the 2 8kgs until i can keep do more reps,? Pls help.

Also side note I'm 64.5kg 5'8. not sure if its needed but yea

@dorothymckenzie It's ok to swing. Some bodybuilders do cheat reps to stimulate growth. For example, do 5 clean reps, then 5 swing reps. Eventually this will lead to more clean reps. You have to go beyond your limits.

@peace7 Thing is I'm only doing about 3 to 4 clean reps ( per arm) and 3-4 cheat reps.
That's if I'm going genuine muscle tearing blackout occurring max. Very hard to do multiple sets.

(Not just discomfort and the burn, like I cab barely stand up type shit)

@dorothymckenzie Why don't you do a few reps with the 8 kg dumbells, then immediately switch to the 8 kg barbell?

This is called a superset. Many bodybuilders do this. You can get some heavy stimulation, then continue working your muscles beyond that.

@dorothymckenzie 4 kgs per hand isn't enough for you. 8 kgs per hand is too much. You need 5-6 kgs. If the dumbells are adjustable, you can make that. Might not look pretty, but you can make it.

Back