Anyone else carry their weight really disproportionately?

@aquinas379 Omg someone like me lol yay
I have big arms, back and stomach.
I’ve started working out and putting muscle on these arms and back lol maybe it’ll look better eventually 😂

@frances69 Somewhat. I am almost “hourglass shaped,” so the discrepancy between boobs and hips isn’t terrible. However, my waist efs everything up cuz it’s pretty small and my torso is quite short.

I am 5’2” around ~138 and I am a XS / small in tops, with the caveat being that I still have 32-DD / 34-D boobs. So shirt shopping can be a bit annoying if the shirt is very small in the bust / chest but too wide in the waist. But shirt shopping is still nothing compared to shopping for bottoms!

Pants / shorts shopping actually sucks significantly more cuz I am a M/L in bottoms, but depending on the style, I might still have to go a size down to a Small / 4 and accept a bit of the squish if I don’t want a huge and awkward looking waist gap that just looks so wonky. 😬

My bottoms make no sense! My favorite pair of shorts is actually a size 2 cuz it’s high enough in the waist that it fits my waist perfectly, but it’s roomy enough in the hips and butt that I don’t get the squish even though the majority of my pants seem to fit my hips and butt in a 6, most consistently. But a size 4 pair of jeans or slacks might give me slight squeeze.

Essentially my short torso and relatively small waist messes everything up even though my bust to hip ratio is only a little bit off!

Proportionally, ~0.75-0.7 in the chest, ~0.67-0.65. So at max, that’s actually only ~0.12 discrepancy between my boobs and hips. (Really, I did all the math cuz I actually enjoy more practical and applied mathematics.)

But being only 5’2” and having a short torso makes the waist nip-in drastic, and I don’t really have enough “vertical” to pull off clothes that normally look best on more classic “hourglass shape women” who are 5’5” and up.

@syndiseok For shirts and bras I recommend heading over the to the ABraThatFits sub! The right fitting bra definitely helps with how shirts fit, and helps make one's chest look more proportional. There won't be a huge need to size up in shirts that are big enough to accommodate the bust anymore !

I wore 32DDDs for a very long time before I came across that sub.

I also recommend checking out The Irish Bra Lady on instagram as another resource for understanding bra sizes better visually.

Good luck on your journey!! 🍀 🤗

@frances69 I am like an extreme hour glass, with super wide hips and shoulders, and a teeny waist. I’m xs in most clothes, but med/large for underwear/bathing suit bottoms. It’s just my bone structure. I’m 5’4” 108 lbs. My body is so much more flashy than my personality. I could dress it up, Kardashian style, but I’m naturally a wallflower, so it’s not something I’ve ever been able to embrace and I spend most of my effort trying to cover up how exaggerated my curves are. I just want to be long, lean, and athletic.

@frances69 Yes, same issue. I wouldn't mind being Chubby If it' would look equal everywhere, but my Booba Never grows and all the fat hors on the aides of my tights,( Not even in my butt lmao)

@frances69 For me it’s carrying my weight in my upper arms, boobs and thighs. And then I have super skinny arms/wrists and nonexistent calves and ankles. It really makes me look larger than I am because I’m disproportionate on the top and bottom!

@frances69 I’m shaped like a lollipop basically so — if my belly wasn’t so big I think my legs would fit easily into size M bottoms. My limbs are very slim but my back/belly/chest and broad shoulders make me look extra top heavy. I’m also 5’2” and 182 lbs. I do wish that extra weight was in my lower half 😩

For pants I’d be a 14 or even a 16 because of my belly, and tops I can wear anything between a women’s M to XXL depending on the brand and sizing

@frances69 That’s not disproportionate. It’s your body type. That’s also most women ideal body type ( small upper body, bigger lower body) If you lose weight & tone, It’ll look awesome.