(18M, 5’10, 152lb) 8 month progress

jayphilip

I started around mid june of 2023 with calisthenics. Since then, I’ve been consistently working 4-6 days a week of calisthenics basics. First photo was June 19, this one is February 19.

Here’s the photo:

I went from 130 pounds to 152 😁

My workouts are as follows. If someone has any suggestions, I’d love to hear them! I’ve been plateauing recently and hopefully someone has some ideas.

Push: (2 min rest)

3x8 psuedo planche
3x12 wide pushups
3x8 pike
3x8 diamond
3x8 regular pushups
3x16 half rep pushups
Recently, i’ve been ending my workout with dumbbell lateral raises. (after taking the photos)

Pull: (2min rest)

3x8 inverted row pull-ups
3x8 overhand pullup
3x8 chin-up
5 sets of deadhangs
3x8 forearm grip tool
Also been doing dumbbell bicep curls as of late to improve biceps

Legs: (1min30 rest)

3x8 jumping explosive squats
3x8 wide squats
3x8 regular squats
3x8 narrow squats
3x8 lunges
3x33 calf raises

No supplements because too broke to afford (also why I don’t pay for a gym membership😭)

@jayphilip No supplements? Does that include protein shakes? What the heck are you eating?

Asking as an almost 47 year old, overweight, periomenopausal woman who needs to get her butt (and everything else) in shape.

Also, too broke for supplements.

@samf I tried protein shakes for a few weeks but I found myself getting enough protein with my daily meals.

I think the most important piece of advice I can give you is to put aside time for consistent meals. Ensure you eat your breakfast, lunch, and dinner at distinct times. Don’t snack throughout the day(very important!!!) and keep count of how much calories you’re ingesting!!

I used to think I ate a lot until I tracked my calories. Eventually, cravings will start to disappear like they did for me. I don’t eat sweets anymore.

I think you’ll do just great. Best of luck!! 😁