23.2A and B 90th percentile scores

kyokosakura

What does everyone think the male cutoff for 90th percentile will be for these two workouts?

I'm verrry new to crossfit so I need a target to hit for both of these.

Thanks!

@kyokosakura Based on watching a bunch of videos of people doing the workout, I think the top 10% will distance themselves on the round of 30 burpee pull ups. I think 75% of people will be capped by the end of the shuttle runs on the round of 25 burpees, and I think you'll need 15+ burpee pull ups in the round of 30, or over 140 total reps to get top 10%.

Based on BTWB, 235 for the Thruster is top 10% fresh, but includes everyone (not just those in the open). Call those two considerations a wash, I think 235 will be right around the cut off for top 10%.

Keep posted for information from BTWB on their preliminary scores and analysis -- they were pretty spot on for 23.1. They will probably post something tonight after more scores are posted, and refresh the data daily.

@kyokosakura For A? I think you will be somewhere in the 25 BPU round

For B? I think the cutoff will be much lower than expected, I mean Vellner failed his 255 rep and he is a very strong dude (it was a definite no rep). I'd venture to say the 210/130 range due to fatigue and very short time to execute.

@theinformer The 255 failure was interesting. Vellner has seemed to be struggling with his overhead movements over the last two years, I wonder if this is another of the same instance.

@kyokosakura I did 23.2a and b this morning (australia). I’m 45, 5’7” and 150lb, 4 years CrossFit. Light so I knew first one would suit me and not second. I got 139 (14 pull-ups on round of 30) and 82kg/181lb for thruster. Happy with both. The first was towards the top of my gym while second towards the bottom.

Biggest tip for first is to jump straight into the pull-up rather than try and Kip from a hang. The Kip is both slower and more tiring. I jumped into the burpee looking up after I jumped to grab the bar and pull.
The fatigue didn’t affect my thruster. I’ve hardly ever done a 1rm thruster but today was my PR.

@malgosia63 open at 185 to see how it feels, and at the very least 225 but I'm thinking 245+

Ive been doing crossfit for about 3 months now. Got 188 Rx for 23.1 which lands me in 88th percentile. Just want to try and qualify for my first open

Back