23.2A and B 90th percentile scores

@thespeedboy Looks like it’ll actually be decently higher than that according to BTWB preliminary percentiles. 140 for top 10%. 126 would put you below 75th percentile.

@kyokosakura I'm not sure how these numbers compare to overall numbers because I think my gym has some heavily skewed athletes but best athletes here hit 160 reps and 317 (325 pr) thruster. Pretty common to see people getting into round of 30 burpees and a decent number of guys hitting 225+ thrusters, probably a dozen.

I think 90% will be 15+ reps into round of 30 and 260 thruster for men, 165 for women.

@kyokosakura 23.2A will differ for men and women by a few reps. Based on the numbers at my affiliate:
  • 140 will be comfortable for a male. Giving yourself time in the 30s is crucial.
  • 126 will be comfortable for a female. I am almost certain that 1 pull-up in the round of 30 will guarantee a top 10% (or better) finish.
We will end up with over a dozen guys in the round of 30; however, only 3 to 5 will crack 140. The best score currently is 144; however, I expect to judge a 150+ later this evening.

Similarly, quite a few ladies have got to the shuttle sprints after 25, but only 2 have gotten through them. The best women's score on our leaderboard is currently 135.

Our 23.2B numbers are all over the place. I think the BTWB data is a better barometer; however, to provide context.
  • We four guys at 240 or better. Only one athlete at 240 is in contention for a quarter finals spot. I expect to judge a 250+ this evening.
  • We have four women at 160 or better. All four women are in contention for a quarter finals spot.
We have seen quite a discrepancy between 23.2A and 23.2B, especially in the men and I am interested to see how it shakes out. We have a guy who scored in the 120s for 23.2A and then capped out his thruster at 145LBNs. Conversely, we have a lady who scored 110 in 23.2A and then hit 197 in 23.2B.

We typically don't encourage redo's; however, I think we will have a couple of people try this one again (LOL WHY?) and some of our top performers haven't been in yet.

Back