3 month - 6 month progress post: RR only - (M/24/6'1) 155lbs-195lbs

mitz

The recommended routine was a life saver for me. I got exactly the results I was looking for by doing the RR with minimal equipment. I started a couple months into quarantine. I've missed a total of about 4 weeks interspersed for either trips, work, or sickness. In addition to this, I also do full contact weapons sparring 3x a week which is my cardio. Here's my main progress over 6 months:

Pullups: 3x3 sloppy to 3x8 with emphasis on form. I think my pullup progression has been slow because I've been adding around 7lbs per month (it's water and fat, not muscle, I was chronically undereating so my weight exploded once I started to actually eat more than once a day) done on a pull-up bar from the thrift for $5.

Squats: 3x12 BW squats - 3x8 archer squats

Dips: 3x3 negatives to 3x10, all done on an old pair of bar chairs

Rows: 3x5 bedsheet method to 3x10 wide grip inverted on my dining room table

Pushups: focused mostly on form here. 3x12 normal to 3x8 pseudo-planche

Core: 30 sec plank to 3x8 knee ab rollouts with a $20 amazon ab wheel. Currently able to do 1 standing ab rollout.

I know my exercise progressions aren't where they could be, but I was looking for a consistent workout routine I could do from home that would keep me feel better after 3 years of being a hungry skeleton. I wanted something that didnt eat up all my time and wouldn't impede my ability to do my weapons fighting. The RR routine was perfect and gave me exactly what I was looking for. I feel incredible, I'm much stronger, and my partner has been thrilled with the modest amount of muscle I've put on. 10/10.

Diet was eating anything I could get my hands on. I limit my fried food and sugar but I do enjoy a good popeyes chicken sandwich and a cinnabon once in a while. I otherwise almost exclusively eat chicken, turkey, fish, simple carbs, peanut butter, beans, rice, and fruit. I don't drink soda or fruit juice and I drink a decent amount of coffee.

Progress pics:
The final one was after a 3 week cut. I took that selfie and then immediately abandoned it cause I felt like shit. I look more like this most the time because I like food now:

@sergeyevich High intensity sparring 3 times a week and cutting out most overprocessed foods for three weeks. I ate nothing but shredded chicken, beans, rice, turkey, fish, bananas, peanut butter, and spinach. Maybe some avocado and wheat/multigrain bread. I also stopped drinking as much water as I should. I felt like absolute piss in that picture. Feel much healthier, stronger, and faster with my tummy.

@mitz 3x8 pull-ups is definitely not something to be ashamed of after 6 months. Yes, you could probably have progressed faster, but who cares? You progressed very well and you’re not a professional callisthenics athlete. You look fucking amazing and you probably feel so too. If Start you and 6 Months you would fight, you’d probably pick him up and throw him out of a window like it was nothing. Keep going at it!

Also, if you’re looking to upgrade callisthenics game: get rings. They’re the best purchase I’ve ever done.

Back