5… or 6 days a week?

@williamw A different “kind” of cardio. You’ll never run a 5k in a metcon but you may end up running 2k at exhaustion broken up by other things designed to hit different stimuli.

@williamw So we are in a strength cycle at the moment, we focus on our lifts and technique, but every now and then they will throw a half murph or something that has 80 runs in it and these catch me out, I’m gassed by the time I’m done with the running.

@williamw It’s worth saying that it depends a lot of what I’m doing each day, current constituting, and goal. Less days with lots of strength gets some great gains, but the Metcons take a hit. More days with mostly mercons and strength takes a hit. Wide range in between, but the only thing that really doesn’t work is more days with more lifting and more metcons.

@williamw I used to do 4 days a week then ramped it up to 6. My strength has always been pretty good, but I lacked in oly lifting technique and my engine needed work. From that perspective, adding more days has helped me. From a strength perspective, you’d probably benefit from a little more rest than that.