5'1, 24, 118lbs, muscle atrophy starting journey! Exercise advice wanted, please!

@daniel4confusion There was a (award winning) series that used to be on TV and I know it’s old episodes are on YouTube, it’s called Sit and Be Fit. It’s very gentle strengthening exercises and sounds like a good starting point for you.

@daniel4confusion Pilates is a great starting place for hEDS. You'll get core strength and increase proprioception (body and posture awareness in space).

There is an EDS subreddit. And a few hEDS trainers and PT on Instagram.

@doubleflip7 Pilates would be my suggestion too. I have hEDS so it’s necessary to be careful with any exercise, but increasing muscle and core balance have been very beneficial for me.

@daniel4confusion Nutrition is definitely essential. You need to eat like it’s a prescription. No fear of carbs, lots of protein. Protein shakes help me get to my daily protein goal. Start slow with very small goals. and build every day- 2 minutes more than the day before. Good luck to you. It sounds like you’ve been through so much.

@curtutter Been looking towards milk, tuna and fish primarily for my protein currently! Definitely planning on getting some whey soon though, since I should be taking whey regardless. Keeping track of making sure I hit the food goals in LoseIt, since it has macro tracking :)

Ty for the good luck wishes!