I made an intermediate routine with a focus on building muscle

@dawn16 If you follow the link for planks you'll see it's a progression and the higher levels are actually pretty difficult, so I wouldn't necessarily class it as a warmup move.

As far as the higher rep ranges I briefly mentioned in the post this idea that it's beneficial to have a variety of rep ranges. So the higher rep ranges meet that need.

Also, people definitely tend to overestimate the degree to which high intensity is superior for muscle growth. Brad Schoenfield even did a study demonstrating identical muscle growth in well trained subjects between the ones using an 8-12 rep range and those using a 25-35 rep range.

@darciam Thanks for the well worded reply mate! I appreciate it. Also the study results are interesting to say the least. What with the dogma of strength vs endurance.

@darciam Not OP, but for myself I don't like inverted exercises. People can give me crap for that, I don't care, but I don't like them and won't add them to my routines. So it would be great to have some options on what would compensate.

@lunanica That's fair. I guess the best alternative would be to do a weighted overhead press. If you don't have the equipment for that you could just substitute in dips and pushups, though you'd be neglecting vertical pushing completely in that case.

@darciam Hi, first of all sorry because my question is probably obvious to you but i just started to exercise, in this routine the 4 days are for example, the first day, upper A and lower A, the next day upper B and lower B, then again A then again B?

@4bloodmoons One example of a schedule would be something like this:

Sunday: rest day

Monday: upper A

Tuesday: lower A

Wednesday: rest day

Thursday: upper B

Friday: lower A

Saturday: rest day

And then you'd repeat that each week. So you're doing each workout on a separate day. You're not doing the A workouts all on the same day or anything like that.

Also, since you're a beginner, this routine isn't necessarily optimal for you. You're probably fine sticking with the recommended routine until you stop seeing progress with it.

@darciam Looks great mate! I am currently constructing my own Upper/Lower routine very similar to yours. I've also used template for lower body from the aworkoutroutine. I've been doing Modified RR for a some time now and thought should make some changes due lack of energy at the end of workouts and after I made my routine I saw yours which is very similar what I was thinking for a long time. Glad I saw this , great to see Upper/Lower split for BWF fans whose main goal is to build mass.