6 day bro split

rijesusfreak

6 day bro split

Yes yes, the bro split. I know it’s not optimal. I know i should be doing PPL twice a week. But I hate PPL, makes me feel miserable and hate working out.

Something about just getting into the gym and completely obliterating only one muscle makes me smile and excited.

Now, currently, I’m on the following split:
1. Chest/triceps
2. Back/biceps
3. Shoulder/Traps
4. Legs

I’ll do abs at the end of each workout. The thing is, the volume per session is making it quite lengthy and if I’m on a busy day I can’t stretch/light cardio post workout and sometimes I even find it difficult hitting abs.

So I’m thinking of going back to the traditional bro split, but splitting legs in two separate days(I feel like one day for full legs is a bit taxing), like this:
  1. Chest
  2. Back
  3. Hammstrings, glutes, calves
  4. Shoulder
  5. Arms
  6. Quads
Maybe I could try splitting posterior chain between other days, I don’t know… something weird like:
  1. Chest + glutes
  2. Back
  3. Shoulder + hammstrings
  4. Arms + calves
  5. Quads
How weird would this be ?

I’d rather have a 5 day split, but not with all the leg volume in one day. I guess a 6 day split will work better maybe ?

Anyone tried it/have some opinions or suggestions ?
Thanks

Edit: I’m already working out 6 days a week, just following my 4 workout sequence - if I miss a day it’s not a problem because I still hit all muscles at least once a week, but missing a day in this 6 day bro split could be a problem I guess

@rijesusfreak Why are you doing abs everyday? The chest, back, hams/glutes, shoulder, arms, quads split looks great. I’d say start the week with your top priority muscle since it’s after a rest day.

@mm1992 Im doing like 3 sets of abs in the end of the workout. I’ve read a lot of people saying that you can/should train abs everyday because they recover fast. Do you think I should be doing it differently ?

@mm1992 Thank you for taking in the time to check my profile before commenting.

What you misunderstood is that I wasnt advocating training abs/core for weightloss BUT to have a stronger core.

You already walk everyday. Grab a glass of water with one hand? Thats a suitcase carry right there. I'm merely saying adding at least 50 meters of it not only for core but grip and conditioning as well.

The bang for buck is insane.

Are we on similar page now?

ps. i was 165 then ballooned to 270 due to moving to another country/major depressive disorder/lots of bad habits accruing.

my weight set aside, i still stand beside with "greasing the groove" especially with core. im by no means an expert, far from it. a newbie at that but I have my beliefs and you have yours. I'm hope we can come to a handshake even if it's to agree to disagree.

@intotheforge Yeah, a suitcase carry is a good core exercise but that doesn’t mean you need to do it everyday to have a strong core. More is not always better. Any squat, deadlift, lunge, or non chest supported row variation works your core. No reason to mindlessly do additional core exercises every single day just because it’s “functional”. You could overly fatigue your core muscles and cause form breakdown on a big lift and get injured.

Back