6'6 (202 cm) and almost 2 years progress

bruce69

So here I go.

I wanted to share my progress a little while ago, not just for me but to encourage other tall guys like me to keep going on calisthenics.

I started on November 2017, i could barely do 5 push-ups and one dip, my body felt too heavy even though I was so skinny (at that moment I was 80 kg (176), with the same height I have now.)

Currently I'm 21 years old, 92 kg (202 lbs) and this is my current state:

- 20 secs of one leg front lever ( I almost have the full front lever and back lever:
)

- 30 kg (66 lbs) dips + BW

- 30 kg (66 lbs) pull-ups + BW

-10 secs of tuck planche

I know my progress is too slow, I started to train with friends at the same time and they are all way up (slow progress but it's progress).

A lot of guys tried to discourage me with things like calisthenics isn't made for giants but this is what a like doing, and I'll keep it on.

Currently my routine is:

-Working on planche:
  1. 10 mts of handstand
  2. Tuck adv planche with bands 4x15 s
  3. Tuck planche 4 x 10 s
  4. Lean planche 3 x 30 s
  5. Lean push ups 3 x 10 reps
  6. Declined push ups 3 x 10 reps
-Working on front lever:
  1. Half front lever 5 x MAX HOLD
  2. Going from tuck adv front lever to pike 3 x 5 reps
  3. Splitted tuck advanced front lever 3 x 10 (5 each)
  4. Dragon flag hold 5 x MAX HOLD
  5. Dragon flag negatives 5 x 3 reps
  6. Some biceps exercises like chin ups or Australian pull ups
Me next to a 5’6 friend:
Feel free to ask whatever you want!

@bruce69 Very impressive, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone as tall as you do calisthenics, and to almost have achieved a full front and back lever is insane in 2 years at your height.

@yolis43 Wow, thank you so much, this really motivates me. I haven't seen anyone do a front lever at my height though (The tallest I know is @peinopela) , will I be the tallest person who can do a front lever? Hahahahaha

@bruce69 Maybe, good to see your motivated. If I was your height I don’t know how I’d stay motivated knowing I’d either never accomplish anything or take 4x the time.

@yolis43 Push exercises are my weak point, really really slow progress and with so many injuries, I have accepted that I'll never be able to do a full planche, maybe a straddle who knows! I wasn't supposed to reach a front lever, why not a straddle planche?

@yolis43 6'4, still workin on it, but making great progress!

Unfortunately my most frequented gym (only gym in a small town i work at) just replaced our multi-purposed 4-sided squat rack that was great for all hanging excersises, with a smith machine good for nothing bodyweight =/

@bruce69 I really want to! Iv used them a few times at a rock climbing gym, and they would be a great addition. Inexpensive too. I think il buy some then figure out where to hang em after.

@bruce69 I feel ya - I'm 193cm and I think my progress is slow.
But doing this at your height is incredible!

Don't get demotivated - You'll be one of the few giants on earth to achieve this! :)

@bruce69 How many pull ups did you do at the beginning and which method did you use to progress in them?
I am 194cm myself and I think pulling is easier for me than pushing. Did you made the same experience?

@dawn16 Totally, pulling is easier to progress than pushing, even more if you like pulling movements. At the beginning I started in a street workout park, so we had nothing more than bars, I couldn’t do even one pull up, neither more than 5 Australian pull ups, I was so so weak and sedentary. From Australian pull ups i went to assisted by a friend pull ups, then assisted by a elastic band, after that I started with my first free pull ups, but with so much Kipping. More less 3 months to get my first 10 pull ups with a bit kipping, not perfect form (I have to say that with my studies I couldn’t make so much time to workout but progress was in there).

@bruce69 good job on pushing through. Personally i'm only 5'6, however i have asian calves and so i'm currently working on planche and i hope to one day do the lever as well and for me the imbalance of my leg mass almost made me want to quit calisthenics. Seeing that you can overcome disadvantages is good motivation.

@dawn16 Don’t bring yourself down, my legs are 115 cms long, so you can figure out how much they weight. Try to keep yourself motivated, and when you aren’t just do it, or think if that giant could, then I can.
Very few people have perfectly balanced body, try to go on, no matter the time, just the goals.

@mnewyork Thanks mate, that really motivates me because calisthenics isn't just a sport, it is a challenge for me, overcoming this and people like you trying to motivate me is an awesome feeling.

@bruce69 Nice work and all, no disrespect. But those arms are not straight in the lever video, brother. I'd recommend you get yourself some rings/straight bar you can properly grip.
Keep your arms 100% unbent