Advice for a 22yo 78kg 5'7 male looking to lose weight in a sustainable manner

shespeakschrist

I would appreciate thoughts, outlooks, or advice regarding my situation right now. Need ko ng assurance or guide in what direction to take with regards to the information below:

Endomorph, 5'7 and 78kgs, 22yo M, 38.5" yung waist circumference ko.

Back in the 4Q of 2018, I was 70kg. I decided to lose weight over the span of 2 years, and it was the period where I peaked in my physique. However, looking back at my methods back then, talagang unsustainable, which were:
  • No rice/carbs at all every breakfast (kaya pag dating ng recess, gutom palagi)
  • Lunch at dinner ay palagi minimal lang yung rice (1 or 1/2 cups lang), cheat days are reserved for special occasions or gatherings
  • 500 pushups at 120 burpees every day for 10 days with 3 days rest (progressed starting with 10 pushups and 30 burpees over the span of 6 months tas na maintain ko until the end of 2 years, and yes, yun lang yung workout ko. No leg day, lifting, wala. Yun lang pure cardio at arms) VERY UNSUSTAINABLE!!! hahahha
4Q ng 2020 was my physical peak at 62.1kg. Hindi naman ako mahilig sa alak, at hindi din ako mahilig sa softdrinks or chicheria/junk foods, so it contributed to the weight loss din. I had a really grand time with my weight loss because I felt more confident and blooming, pero bad times came:
  • 2Q ng 2021, I found a job which messed with my scheduling for workouts. Yung dating workout ko na everyday for 10 days with 3 days rest, nagging 2-3 days every week nalang, hanggang wala na along nahanap oras mag-workout.
  • 3Q ng 2021, I got the Sinovac vaccine and for some reason, it seriously affected my appetite to an unhealthy level. Pag dating ko sa bahay mula sa vax site, nakaubos ako ng 1 kaldero ng kanin at tsaka 2 cans ng corned beef lol tas gutom parin. I had a hard time controlling my appetite after I got those vaccines.
  • Lumabas din yung unhealthy eating habits ko noong 2Q ng 2021. Minsan makaubos ako ng 1 buong box ng choco mucho, and it contributed massively to my:
  • Weight gain (75kg at 2Q of 2022).
Right now, I'm at 78kg na. Bumalik na yung F2F classes + bumili ako ng stuff sa palengke everyday, so I get to walk every day naman (at least 20-30 mins each day).

Ngayon, I'm looking to lose weight in a much more sustainable manner this time. No more spamming of only 1-2 workouts - I'm trying to follow full body workouts - cardio and HIIT workouts from channels like Juice and Toya. Here's what I know and what I'm planning to do:
  • Avoid alcohol, soft drinks, junk foods, and sweets (like I always did before my weight gain)
  • Consume a moderate amount of carbs instead of restricting myself
  • More protein (munggo, eggs, manok, and other affordable protein sources)
  • 4-5 days of workout every week (alternating between cardio and bodyweight, 20-30 mins each, with proper rest/recovery in between)
  • Counting calories
I'm aiming to get a more athletic physique/lose more weight.

Just now, I tried to do this Juice and Toya's video, and I had to stop after 8:40 after the burpees. It's a far cry from my glory days na 120 burpees at 500 pushups ay parang wala lang xD I understand naman that dapat progressive yung routines and it's a message from my body telling me na hindi pa kaya mag-whole video, so I'll do this ulit bukas hopefully with some progress.

I'm aware din na pure cardio is not sustainable for weight loss as per Jeremy Ethier.

BTW, bodybuilding/weightlifting, gym memberships, or buying equipment are not options for me right now (cannot set aside funds for membership/equipment as of now, since I have r/AdultingPH priorities that I need to spend on pa ngayon). But I'm considering it once mag-level up na yung financial at time capacity ko.

Again, I would appreciate thoughts, outlooks, or advice regarding my situation right now. Need ko ng assurance or guide in what direction to take with regards to the information above. Thank you so much!

Back