All the Taint

@integra I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but what bugs me as well is that he is posting his excuse attached to a picture with his kids. He is really working hard to portray himself as an innocent family guy being attacked. All the other people are using pictures of just them working out.

@mantius She claimed she got it from kissing her boyfriend at the time, who was taking the banned substance sublingually. In the instagram post, she either links to or mentions an episode of barbell shrugged podcast where she tells her side of the story.

@mantius Begs the question - do the boyfriends ever intentionally dose their girlfriends without their knowledge? I must imagine that somewhere, sometime, this happens. I'm not saying it's prevalent, but it's conceivable. Girls can truthfully claim innocence while reaping the advantage of PEDs. Especially if their sig other is proficient in timing dosages and cycles.

@integra One thing I learned in the NCAA is about random testing. If you compete you can be tested. So there's always a risk.

The result from our clearinghouse meetings was that the supplement industry isn't regulated at all and that there are many instances of over the counter supplements containing banned items. Granted the list of banned substances has grown exponentially since my time in college, but the net result was this...do not trust anything, because you can't.

I was never tested...who the fuck tests a 3rd string goalie!? But I took the lesson to heart as someone who has every adverse reaction you can name for any substance out there, that I just basically only rarely take a multivitamin and I have a protein shake every morning, and that's all I've ever done.

If you're competing at a high level, you've got to have a record of everything that goes into your body and you've got to know precisely what it is.

Back