Almost 40 and in the best shape of my life

lynnmarie143

After Pilates purists got too annoying over on that sub, Im switching here. It’s been a little over 2 years doing basically only low impact Lia Bartha/B The Method app and I just got my physical. Body fat down dramatically, my lower back pain is completely gone and I’m in better shape now than in my 20s. Here to scream Lia Bartha from the rooftops!!!

@lynnmarie143 Can you come back to the sub to give us non-purists hope that we're really on the right track and pilates really is as good as it seems? Lol kidding I understand coming to this sub instead, thanks for the motivation!

@lynnmarie143
  1. Pure Pilates is a great way to start. I did Pilates only for 9 months and felt really strong because of it. But getting into shape, and improving fitness only started when I added barre / Pilates based sculpt (I like Silhouette by Alexis, but pick whatever works for you). Pilates gave me the foundation to get moving, but to level up I needed to leverage that foundation and do something more energetic with cardio and compound movements. My improvements over the past 6 months of doing barre and sculpt in addition to Pilates would not have happened with pure Pilates only.

@heartboy She offers a free trial, a week or ten days I think, and she is fantastic! She is also on insta which will give you a feel for her workouts. Her workouts/app also really helped me repair my core/pelvic floor.

@ggdale11 /Pilates. There are a few women there that are next level condescending if you mention anything that isn’t strict traditional Pilates. There’s also one who is obviously an older teacher who hates on anyone with an IG profile.