Am I doing it right?

anfo1989

Edit: Thank you for answering! Follow up question po. In terms of my walking path, is it better to go through a more challenging one (an area with 20-30 deg incline/decline consistently), a fairly flat area, or a mix of both. May court naman din dito for me to run around. Also, how long should I be doing it?

Hi, Everyone!

I'm 34 years old, 5'5. and I'm at 80kg. During the last annual physical exam, it was determined that I'm overweight, so I decided recently to be more active in my life.

For the past 4 days, I've been walking around our village. I walk around 5000-6000 steps (+-4 km) at 4 km/h. I occasionally stop for about 30-90 seconds while waking to play Monster Hunter Now. It might not look great based on the statistics, but our place has various elevation (I live in Antipolo) so around the 3000 step, My legs would already be shaking. My main objective is to improve my stamina, and probably reduce some of my dad-bod fats.

Here are my questions:
  1. Is it okay to do this daily?
  2. If I plan to include some home workout routines, do I still do my daily walks?
  3. I don't really pay attention to what I eat, since losing body weight a minor goal. Is that okay?
  4. Any other tips?

@anfo1989 The goal of any fat loss regime is dapat maging sustainable. Something na hanggang mamatay magagawa mo. Kaya madalas reccomended lifestyle change.

Reduction of weight through walking is a good start but you need to figure out what is contributing to the weight gain in the 1st place. Anyways the fit lifestyle is very rewarding, good luck on your journey OP.
  1. If you can sustain walking daily, go for it.
  2. Reccomend home workout or better yet hitting the gym. The more muscles you have the more calories being burned ecen if your resting. Walking can be done to increase your stamina/ aerobic fitness.
  3. Biggest mistake not to regulate what you're eating. Need to moderate or reduce food intake, to just what your body needs.
  4. Nasa taas.

@joegw Thank you for responding! I think I can sustain walking everyday naman so I plan on continuing that.

I would really love to go to the gym as well, pero I have challenges finding an open gym during my free time (I work at night). Challenge naman sa home workout is IDK if I'm doing it right.

Although overweight ako, I think what I want to build at the moment is my stamina, so di ako nagmamadali magpapayat. In fact, I have no qualms being a fat, but strong dude iykwim. I have no idea how to even start regulating what I eat (kasi I just eat whatever's being cooked here sa bahay), though once my finances are a little bit better, then I can plan on doing that.

Thank you for your guidance!

@anfo1989 You could read up on calisthenics dito sa reddit, minimal equipment lng needed.

Also sa food, start monitoring your food portions. Any food is okay if taken in moderation. Though sugary foods ang malakas magpataba😂