Any soccer referees here?

gregoryabby16

I have around 10 years of experience but havent been in the game for a long time. I would like to get back into enough shape to be able to referee again. I probably need to lose a good 20-30 pounds, and I am looking for a workout plan that would get me back in shape that focuses on the running and agility needed to referee soccer. I hate mindless running for x amount of time and y distance. I want something more sprint related, and something to get that endurance up plus some agility work mixed in.

@gregoryabby16 Thank you s1ncere for voting on LinkReplyBot.

This bot wants to find the best and worst bots on Reddit. You can view results here.

[sup][sup]Even[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]if[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]I[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]don't[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]reply[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]your[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]comment,[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]I'm[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]still[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]listening[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]for[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]votes.[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Check[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]the[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]webpage[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]see[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]if[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]your[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]vote[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]registered![/sup][/sup]

@gregoryabby16 What are your really asking for? You're all over the place.

"I am looking for a workout plan that would get me back in shape that focuses on the running and agility"

PLUS

"I want something more sprint related, and something to get that endurance up plus some agility work mixed in."

EQUALS

??????

And FWIW, when I was you I did C25K and it helped me build a baseline which allowed me to expand my training in other ways.

@gregoryabby16 C25K got my fat ass started when my kids started Girls On The Run. Which led to three 5Ks which is funny because I don't enjoy running. But it opened the door to other kinds of training which I enjoy more and I'm in much better shape because of it.

Good luck and get after it!

@gregoryabby16 Also volunteer to ref kids soccer. This will help drive home what kind of shape you're in, and motivate you to do some boring conditioning on the side. And, community service!

@gregoryabby16 I'm a rugby ref, so sort of similar, and honestly your best bet is to get your cardio up and then mix in agility training. What worked best for me was to ride an exercise bike for about 30 minutes at a decent clip with some resistance and then go on a treadmill or outside (I walk my dog) and mix up walking and running/ jogging. I would walk for about 7 minutes and then jog or run for about 2 minutes. I know that's not what you want to hear, but if you've been out of the game for a while, your first concern should be able to make it the entire match and keeping up with the pace of play, and then worry about focusing on the other things that will improve your refereeing.