Anybody getting 3,300+ calories a day?

@missionaryadvocate If you put oatmeal, plant milk, water, protein powder, olive oil, banana and pure nut butter in a blender, you'll get a really good bulking shake.

An additional piece of advice would be to drink it slowly so that the enzymes from your salvia can combine with the ingredients and improve digestion.

And eating something chewy the same day would be good too, as chewing is good for bone and dental health.

@missionaryadvocate I eat around 3000 kcal daily as a raw vegan and try to limit my fats to 10% of kcal. That means the vast majority of my calories come from fruit with lots of fresh veggies and minimal nuts/seeds. I end up getting 130-150g of fiber most days. It took me 3 weeks or so to start getting used to the volume and figuring out how to make it work.

The best advice I can give to you is: 1)stick with simple sugars like in fruit because it’s easier for your body to digest and 2) do not eat fats (and to a lesser extent, protein) alongside your carbs. Fats significantly slow down your digestion and when you’re eating 3000kcal of nutrient dense foods you need your digestion to be as on point as possible. If your digestion is unlocked you should be passing a bowel movement 4-6 hours after each meal. If you are only going once every 24 hours that means your digestion is working very slowly and that massive volume of food is going to be sitting in your gut making you heavy, lethargic, gassy, and bloated.

It’s also helpful to simplify your meals, if each meal only has 4-5 ingredients or less it will be easier for your body to digest. Cooking food slows your digestion as well but I’m not advocating you go raw. Using these rules I can gorge myself on over 1000 calories of fruit/veggies at a time and within ~ 15-20 minutes I can feel ready to do light exercise or eat more because my body moves the food through my digestive system so quick.

@missionaryadvocate Exact same as me, I aim for 3.3K calories. Heres what I eat sometimes.

Breakfast -
Shake with 200ml fruit juice, 80g frozen dark berries, 80g oats, 20g peanut butter, 15g protein powder. 2x slices of toast with butter. TOTAL = 915 calories 38g protein.

Lunch -
Tofu egg mayo sandwiches (cashews blended into it). A cereal bar and 35g crispy sweet chilli peanuts. TOTAL = 1079 calories 44g protein.

Dinner -
Varies everyday, but generally around 400-800 calories and average 10-20g protein (cant eat the high protein meals that id like to as my wife eats same dinner, so has to be something good).

Late snack -
Shake with 200ml soy milk and 20g protein powder. Cinnamon and raisin bagel with peanut butter, banana and biscoff spread. TOTAL = 815 calories 45g protein.

Total average = ~3300 calories and ~130g protein

@missionaryadvocate Vegan naked mass with soy milk, four scoops.

Naked pea protein with soy milk, four scoops.

Twice serving oatmeal with single serving soy milk.

1st phorm vegan protein powder

.5 cup peanuts

1 serving sunflower seeds

That’s the typical base. It gets adjusted a little each day. Around 170g protein and pretty cost effective for bulking. Also if you’re not sure you’re getting too much fat or just want to track all micro and macro nutrients, get Cronometer

@umad We know sunflowers are inspirational plants, even to famous painters. Vincent Van Gogh loved sunflowers so much, he created a famous series of paintings, simply called ‘sunflowers’.

@missionaryadvocate That's about what I eat while bulking.

Plenty of peanut butter on things. Dip all your fruit in it lol

Nuts, seeds are go to snacks.

White rice and white pasta are less filling than their wholegrain counterparts.

Dark chocolate.

@missionaryadvocate Yeah as a cyclist/runner that’s an average day of eating fr me. I’m also almost always hungry so I eat a lot of volume. Some go to’s are hummus sandwiches, tofu and broccoli served w/ rice, refried beans, foul Mudammas (fava beans), Medjool dates with cashews or walnuts, Shawerma made from seitan, pasta salads with beans tofu and veggies, couscous with extra chickpeas, silken tofu smoothies with fruit.

I focus on carbohydrates a lot more than protein but at the end of the day I’ll have eaten 170 grams of protein. I could decrease my carbohydrates and replace with protein if I wasn’t doing endurance, if I were to I’d be at 220 grams of protein easily.

@missionaryadvocate Coconut oil will be your friend, it goes on sweet and savory. At about 115 calories a tbsp, it’s easy to add at least 300+ calories a day using it on rice, oatmeal, veggies, etc.

Pasta, cous cous, and potatoes are calorie dense carbs, they can be easier to bulk with than rice or oats.

“4th meal” is your friend as well. Throw in a bowl of cereal, overnight oats, smoothie, etc before bed if you can.

Anything over 3,000 a day is hard. I did this with no meat and also fully plant based… it was tough. But, little hacks work.