Anybody getting 3,300+ calories a day?

@missionaryadvocate If you put oatmeal, plant milk, water, protein powder, olive oil, banana and pure nut butter in a blender, you'll get a really good bulking shake.

An additional piece of advice would be to drink it slowly so that the enzymes from your salvia can combine with the ingredients and improve digestion.

And eating something chewy the same day would be good too, as chewing is good for bone and dental health.

@missionaryadvocate I eat around 3000 kcal daily as a raw vegan and try to limit my fats to 10% of kcal. That means the vast majority of my calories come from fruit with lots of fresh veggies and minimal nuts/seeds. I end up getting 130-150g of fiber most days. It took me 3 weeks or so to start getting used to the volume and figuring out how to make it work.

The best advice I can give to you is: 1)stick with simple sugars like in fruit because it’s easier for your body to digest and 2) do not eat fats (and to a lesser extent, protein) alongside your carbs. Fats significantly slow down your digestion and when you’re eating 3000kcal of nutrient dense foods you need your digestion to be as on point as possible. If your digestion is unlocked you should be passing a bowel movement 4-6 hours after each meal. If you are only going once every 24 hours that means your digestion is working very slowly and that massive volume of food is going to be sitting in your gut making you heavy, lethargic, gassy, and bloated.

It’s also helpful to simplify your meals, if each meal only has 4-5 ingredients or less it will be easier for your body to digest. Cooking food slows your digestion as well but I’m not advocating you go raw. Using these rules I can gorge myself on over 1000 calories of fruit/veggies at a time and within ~ 15-20 minutes I can feel ready to do light exercise or eat more because my body moves the food through my digestive system so quick.

Back