Baylee Rayl not competing in the 2024 CrossFit Games

@giftsigns You do realise people can be banned from a public forum. It doesn’t change what it is. It’s a public statement, with a facility for the public to respond publicly and on record.
Sounds awfully like a public forum.
(You putting forward ideas of what may, or what could be done behind the scenes doesn’t change this).

@giftsigns She announced it on Instagram. That’s pretty public what with her having (quickly looks on IG) over 171k followers as well as the IG algorithms suggesting CF stuff to people as well. And on YouTube.

@giftsigns You see, we’re not allowed to be people or individuals, we have to conform to what everyone believes. It’s amazing how if a Christian wants to hold optional prayer with a group it’s bigotry. But a person can come in here and spew hate towards Christian’s and it’s okay.

@leexyri What I was referring to was the football coach a few years ago who held an after game prayer at mid field and got fired for it. But if a gym wants to pray before a workout or afterwards that should be fine. No one is forcing you to join. And yes there are some of us who meet as Christian’s and pray and workout together. This is our beliefs, you’re more than welcome to join or move along.

@zongruger I couldn’t care less if you pray before or after a workout. Just do it outside of the class time. If I have to wait to start a workout,or leave the gym, because you’re having a chat with your god, you ARE forcing me to join you.

Christians seem to have a crazy persecution fetish when it comes to being called out on anything.

@zongruger There is a time and a place for everything.

The people who may enjoy the prayer cant pray before it affects everyone else? Why does that prayer have to take place in the hour that the class would be running?

Most people block out a small part of their day to go to the gym. You not understanding that they might not want to have to wait for you, to do something you could have done at literally ANY other time of day, is the problem most people have with the intersection of religion and CrossFit.

@leexyri How often is this happening? I've never seen it. It possibly happens at Mayhem but I don't think anyone would be surprised given they are pretty openly religious. I'm an atheist and it wouldn't bother me but I don't try to make everything about me, either.

@thespeedboy Im an atheist as well. And this isn’t me trying to make this about myself.

My point is that there are other places where prayer is expected and appreciated. Even if they feel obliged to pray at the gym, there are times where they can do it where it won’t affect anyone who isn’t interested in joining in (i.e. before class starts, after the workout). The praying doesn’t have to happen inside that hour of time that people are at the gym to get their workout in.

@giftsigns Mal O’Brien and Haley Adams just said they were thanking time off to sort themselves out. Hence less mocking and grief compared to the people who insist a god or a christ told them CF was bad and they need to do something else. Which is weird, religions are weird.

@endtimeservant777 It amazes me how we as a society love to bash and tare people down and their choices when it doesn’t affect them in any way. How hard is it to say best wishes on this new adventure?

Wish her the absolute best in this new adventure and you can never go wrong with putting God first. Awesome seeing Baylee going around to different gyms meeting people, you can definitely see her impact on the sport and love people have for her.

@zongruger ‘You can never go wrong with putting God first’…
Yeah, the worlds in such a good place because of everyone putting their god first….. /s

@zongruger God doesn’t trigger me, in the same way the Sasquatch, giants, and flat earth theories don’t trigger me. It’s made up bollocks.
What does bother me is people using it as an excuse, as a justification, as a way to enforce their beliefs on people, that really boils my piss.
Want to do a nice thing? Do it because you’re a nice person.
Want to quit CrossFit to start a clothing company? Do it because you want to start a company.
Stop trying to imply that you are doing it for a higher power who has somehow decided to speak to you and ask you to give up your not paying as much as you hoped CrossFit career.

@jadex What you don’t understand is how Christianity works. We believe that God speaks to us in certain ways and uses situations or people to guide us in life. And it’s not just Christianity but all walks of religion believe in a certain god or way of life. It’s about doing what God wants and not what we want. So yes, it’s possible to start a clothing company because God wants you there or doing something there.

@zongruger Oh when I say God I don’t mean just Christianity, I mean all and any religion where they have a god that they feel they need to please rather than be a good person for the sake of it.
Saying that a god has spoken to you is no more valid than saying Cthulhu has spoken to you. It is not real. You may well imagine God has spoken to you, but isn’t that simply being egotistical that of all the people on earth, you are the one that this supposed almighty being was thinking of and wants to give direction to?

Back