Beginner (again) deadlift form check please! :)

@knsokamd The small plates are making the deadlift harder, you're essentially doing a deficit deadlift of 1-3 inches. It might explain why your hips are so high. However, your gym might not have regular sizes plates besides the 45LBS/20KGS

@knsokamd To me, these look like Romanian Deadlifts rather than traditional deadlifts. I’m sharing a link to a ~16 minute long YouTube video produced by Sohee Lee “A Basic Primer to the Deadlift.” I think you’ll find it incredibly helpful in terms of correcting your form.

@knsokamd it might just be the angle, but you could prob drop your butt a few inches and brace your core more, and engage your lats literally pulling the bar into your legs/shins. The second rep it looks like you move the bar out of the way of your knees. As you start to go heavier you will want to focus on keeping external rotation of the knees (like in a squat kinda, but less extreme...) and keeping that bar path as straight as possible while getting your knees out of the way. If your knees don't get out of the way its because you are TOO squaty, not deadlifty enough.

When I was learning deadlifts it was almost easier to learn the cues/feeling by doing top down deadlifts- I would set up in a rack just below arm length, grab the bar, get your whole body cued, and slide that bar DOWN the legs then back up, going just a few inches before the floor if flexibility permits. Haha I still do this because it feels good. If you are having a hard time understanding the lat-activation part I would suggest doing the top down dead (kinda like RDL, but bending your knees I guess) with a snatch (wide) grip. It cues your lats to engage way more, and its a great back burner too.

edit- here is a link that explains the reasoning for the reverse DL-