Body recomposition advice?

yeleski

So I started working out about 3 months ago. I am currently doing a PPL split (Athlean X free youtube one). I have been keeping track of all my lifts and I have definitely been increasing in strength. In march I got a Dexa scan and it showed that I was at about 29% body fat. With the exception of a few days in the span since then I have been consistent about showing up to the gym.

Nutrition:

According to this calculator using the option for body fat percentage, my maintenance calories are 2282. I am currently capping my caloric intake at 1920. I kept it at about 2000-2050 for about 2 months and then dropped it. My daily protein goal is 1.2g/lbs body weight(185lbs) for ~225. Some days I do fall short of this but i am typically getting at least 1g/lb body weight. Additionally my carb target is 95g/day and my fat target is 80g/day.

I am seeing some visible results, but mainly just that my arms and legs seem to be growing. I have taken some progress pics and I don't really see that I am losing much fat.

Curious if anyone has any tips or advice or ways I might consider optimizing this whether in the gym or the kitchen. I do have another Dexa scheduled in 1 month so we'll see what that really shows, but my visible results are somewhat disappointing currently.

Thanks if anyone has any thoughts

Including progress shots below

03/16/24

03/16/24

05/16/24

03/16/24

Back