Building an Outdoor Gym: Under $800 and 48 sqft, for all your BWF needs! (If you have access to a backyard space.)

amotz

Hi Everyone,

This is what my current set up looks like.

If you have some backyard space and an open home depot in your area, you can do it! Materials required (your prices might vary but all materials for me was purchased in CDN):

QTY Material
  • 2 Treated Wood - 6 in x 6 in x 16 ft
  • 1 Treated Wood - 6 in x 6 in x 12 ft
  • 1 Treated Wood - 6 in x 6 in x 8 ft
  • 1 Treated Wood - 4 in x 6 in x 8 ft
  • 2 Treated Wood - 6 in x 6 in x 8 ft
  • 2 Non-treated wood 2x4x8 for bracing
  • 4 Single Bar, 70" x 8" - 1.25" (Try your local supplier, this one is CDN) or (Rogue)
  • 24 Concrete Mix 30kg
  • 1 Box of Lag bolts
  • A bunch of Bolt/wash/nut
  • Auger rental
The plan is to be efficient as possible with the space, so this will take up just under 8ft by 6ft.

There is quite a bit of labor involved, especially digging with the auger. Home depot rents these and you can dig the holes in 1 day. Here is the digging plan. Please remember, for your local area to call before you dig or google your area + click before you dig. I can answer any questions in the comments.

The rest of the build requires motivation and the want to do it. I leave that up to you. Good luck, train hard, and be consistent!

@amotz Also please don't randomly dig deep holes in your yard without being sure of any lines below. There are companies that will come and mark them for you, a lot of times for free.

@mamabear777 Apparently it’s not called “miss dig” everywhere in the US, but it’s the same number if you google it and I find the name easy to remember.