Building an Outdoor Gym: Under $800 and 48 sqft, for all your BWF needs! (If you have access to a backyard space.)

@amotz I have the backyard space and tools to build this. What I lack is the appropriate climate. It is cold and rainy here for 9 months out of the year.

@amotz For everyone who is looking to build something like this - rings higher if you can. You want them to high that you have to jump to grab them in an ideal world. With enough clearance for handstands.

@faith33 Great suggestion for other builders! We do what we can, with the things that we have. The ability to do a full gymnastics ring routine was not in my budget :(

@pilgrimson Ideally there is enough space above the rings to do a handstand (without feet touching the bar they hang from) and a dead hang pullup (without feet touching ground). There is not that much space in the pictures setup regardless of where the rings are adjusted to.

@emilyjolene This isn't about the straps, this is about the length of the poles that support the rings. They need to be higher to get this kind of clearance both up and down. Ring pushups and flyes can be done with rings hanging from the pull-up bar and sorter straps.

@emilyjolene At the "under $800" and "rent construction equipment" price points, hanging a set of cheap ($50 w/straps) low rings under the parallel bars and hanging a set of good high rings ($100 w/straps) from the top bar start to become attractive options. Note that my setup is garbage at the