Can you get this physique in 1 year or is this guy BSing me?

zanyteen16

This guy:

told me (yes, I emailed him) that he got to this physique over a year's time, from complete dumps (alcohol binging, serious anxiety, etc.).

I can maybe only bench 105 lbs right now for many reps. I suspect you need to get to 220 lbs+. I am also not obese.

Is it possible to get that far in 1 year or is he bullshitting me? My intuition says the latter, but I also don't want to accuse people of things unfairly and so I question or doubt it. Thanks.

@zanyteen16 he’s not selling programs so i dont think he has a huge reason to lie. 1 year with 7/10 genetics and maybe having done a bit of training in highschool or something seems reasonable imo.

@zanyteen16 It literally doesn’t matter what your genetics are like. Building muscle and becoming healthier is always worthwhile. If someone told you with certainty that your genetics suck, would you quit? I would hope not.

@zanyteen16 If you are paying even a small amount of attention to your diet and are using an intelligent programme, written by somebody who knows what they’re doing your genetics won’t be relevant.

@zanyteen16 Use any free pre-written programme online.
Boostcamp, liftvault.com , and thefitnesswiki all have good ones on there.

Doesn’t really matter which one. Just pick one with the right number of training days, and that says beginner on it. make sure you read the information and set up info that comes with them

You can get very advanced using only these free programmes you find online.

@zanyteen16 Well bench doesn't necessarily matter when it comes to the way your physique looks. I bench 385lbs and I'm 175 at the moment.

Depends entirely on your genetics, starting weight, experience, etc. there's so many variables to give an accurate answer. Just as a ballpark estimate if you've never touched a weight in your life... 2 years?

1 year is possible if you are already lean, and have good genetics, and have a killer workout plan and discipline.

@zanyteen16 I can't say for certain if he's lying I wasn't part of the conversation.

But what it sounds like to me is he is inexperienced when it comes to coaching and training people. He took his own anecdotal experience and is passing it onto others when in reality, we are all extremely different and to coach someone it requires to know all about the human body.

Sounds like a lack of experience than lying

@zanyteen16 So technically no. Just because someone drinks and has depression / anxiety doesn't necessarily mean they can't reach a good physique.

First I want to preface, I made a YouTube channel so you can be "your own" personal trainer. I think the fitness industry is a bunch of sell outs so I'm giving facts based off most recent research through my degree in my 15 years of experience

Here's a video explaining about protein intake, how often to train, and how long to train for.

The physique he has is 100% attainable by everyone on this planet. If he did that in a year, and his diet was terrible and work ethic, yes it's unusual in the sense normal genetics wouldn't allow that. If he has good genetics it's normal.

Hopefully this answers your questions. Like I said, my channel is dedicated to where you can learn how to create your own workout plans and meal plans as well as training techniques. Feel free to check it out if you don't want to waste money on a personal trainer

@zanyteen16 I would need to see what you look like now and what your body frame is and how much muscle mass / how lean you are.

Let me put it this way. If your goal is to get abs, you can 100% get that in a year definitely less. Building 20+ lbs of muscle and getting abs, definitely a bit more time

@zanyteen16
I can maybe only bench 105 lbs right now for many reps. I suspect you need to get to 220 lbs+.

You can achieve the most amazing physique without ever having pushed or pulled more than your own bodyweight mate, your understanding of the topic might be very wrong and I say that as a bodybuilder.

It is absolutely possible to achieve amazing results in a year. Things like genetics, prior fitness levels and the quality of your training all play a huge role, but its mostly in your diet. Without a proper diet, you will never achieve anything remotely close to that. Same with training, training hard and smart is your way to go. Do the most effective exercises, utilize science to your advantage (diet, sleep, regeneration are 80% of your success).

This guy does not look like he did anything crazy.

But it is also a huge mistake to compare yourself in the fitness world. It is almost impossible to not be brainwashed by fake media.

@gypsyjill88 Regarding the last point, the question about comparison is more about how do you not leave anything (or leave much, at least) on the table, particularly when going for the body weight method which may require more finesse than using gym weights and you are less experienced with it?

@zanyteen16 I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean. Bodyweight training (calisthenics) is not more or less complicated than regular gym training. It all has its own benefits and downsides.

Personally I think calisthenics has more benefits, but what matters is what you enjoy doing.

What did you mean with the table quote?