Can you get this physique in 1 year or is this guy BSing me?

@gypsyjill88 I mean that since you need to use more ingenuity to create increasing "weight" or challenge to the muscle, it requires more learning, and thus periods of making mistakes, pushing the "deadline" out further.

"Leave on the table" means here "how do you get enough down right as soon as possible that you are not, say, getting only 20% of what you could be over the same time (1 year) instead of 90%?"

@zanyteen16 Mate, I mean this with all due respect, but it doesn't sound like you understand what you are talking about. Increasing weight is not the bread and butter of progress in fitness. Intensity is the word you should focus on.

It doesnt matter if you use additional weights or just your bodyweight, the intensity of your training is what determines your progress (plus diet and outside factors etc).

I go to the gym almost everyday and would consider myself "advanced" at this point. I can easily workout for 120+ minutes and still have steam to go afterwards, which doesn't mean my workout is light, it is just that my body got very used to it, but then I go do circle training and find myself close to vomiting after 20 minutes.

Your approach to fitness should be holistic and not just focused on weights if you are in it for health and a better life.

If your goal is to just get big, that is another topic entirely. But I can tell you that if you do it for the girls, they don't like too much muscle usually and you will only get compliments by other men :D

And the thing about learning is, that it never stops. I have been working out for several years now and I am ALWAYS learning something new.

@gypsyjill88 Sure, thanks. I am talking about getting to the same level as the person that I indicated, in the same time-frame (or close to it), and how to avoid losing too much time on that time-frame due to making mistakes or oversights with (for me) a novel method of training. Particularly, how do you increase the "intensity" in a pushup to get pecs as large as seen in the photo?

@zanyteen16 By doing different forms of pushups, try doing a pushup on one arm and tell me thats not fucking difficult to do ;)

But let me give you some advice, making mistakes is a good thing, cause they are your best teacher in life. You will not avoid making mistakes, that is simply impossible.

You should not compare yourself to others, people have different starting conditions, different genetics etc. Focus on yourself and giving your best and stop thinking in timeframes. It takes the human body up to 10-12 years of consistent training to reach its phsyical limitation of how much lean muscle mass you can build. 12 years of consistency mate.

One year is really nothing and the dude in your picture is just a bit on the leaner side and went to the gym. It really is nothing special, you can achieve a lot more in that time actually.

But it all depends. But if you want to build real strength, calisthenics is in no way inferior to other ways of training.

@gypsyjill88 Mistakes aren't the problem, wasting time is the problem. I'm sure that guy must have made mistakes too.

The point I'm after is how you limit the "budget" spent on mistakes to make the timeframe.

And the only reason I am wedded to it is he told me, I believe, about it taking the 1 year time frame when I asked what it took. And I am wedding to it because I don't want to just dismiss someone's advice disrespectfully.