Can't lose weight on 1500 calorie diet

@crosswise If I were you this is how I would handle it. I instantly increase calories up to 2000 make sure I get 1g protein per body weight, carbs and fats can fill in however you want. I would stay at 2000 for a minimum of 2 weeks and see what my weight does. It will probably increase but will mostly be water due to increase carbs. I would stay at 2000 until my weight appears to have leveled out for 2 weeks. After that increase by 200 and repeat the process, stay at 2200 until weight has stayed consistent for 2 weeks.

Important while doing this you have a good weight lifting routine. You need to take the time to rebuild your metabolism.

@kirbyjohn You should also make sure to be drinking plenty of water (100+ oz/day min and an additional 20-40 on lift days) and getting at least 6 hrs of sleep. Switch up your workout routine, look at low rep (2-4) and higher amount of sets (5-6) on the core lifts. You want to build muscle, more muscle equals more calories burned and increased weight loss. Best of luck!!

@crosswise Either the scale is moving or it's not. If it's not moving, you've got too many calories for your energy expenditure. Sucks, but that is life.

It's not just your workout it's the rest of your life, how much do you move around during the day (NEET), all those little walks add up.

Also 75kg seems really light to me. Why didn't you add any weight during the year of weight lifting?

@antponetteoaks "Also 75kg seems really light to me. Why didn't you add any weight during the year of weight lifting?"

Not dieting. I've been skinny-fat all my life with weird metabolism. I used to be able to eat scrambled eggs/omelette in the morning and have to eat anything else the rest of the day and I wouldn't feel hungry at all. I didn't pick any extra pounds throughout the year, but my body composition changed a little. My arms and forearms grew significantly. My chest improved a lot and my butt isn't so skinny anymore that it hurts to sit on a hard surface because my bones had no padding around them.

"And what are your squat, bench, dead, press, pull up numbers"

Most recent numbers:

Flat bench: 185 pounds 4 sets: 7, 7, 4, 5 (PB: 8 reps of 185, 1 rep of 225, just so that my opinion matters :D). 185 is heavy for me. Sometimes my friend and I will go lighter for 135 or 155 and go for 15-20 reps.

Squat: 1 set of 225: 8 reps, 3 sets of 205: 10, 8, 7 (PB: 9 reps of 225). This is heavy version for me as well. Lighter version would be 185lbs and more than 10 reps on each set, or 155lbs and 15-20 reps.

Deadlift: 185lbs 4sets: 20, 17, 14, 14, but this was a 'light' version. Heavy version from the week before was 1 set 185: 20 reps, 1 set 225: 12reps, 1 set 245: 8 reps, 1 set 275: 5 reps. The 275lbs is PB.

Pull ups: haven't done them in a while, but usually I do 3 sets. On the first set I can do 10-12 reps (bodyweight, no assistance), and then it falls off from there.

@crosswise 5’10 160 sounds very thin already

If you aren’t losing weight on the caloric needs of a 15 year old girl then you’re counting wrong

What I think is wrong

Not counting calories properly

Not on an actual program

Not actually working out as hard as you think you are

Misunderstanding of basic health and fitness principles

@crosswise All replies so far are spot on, something else to remember is you judge yourself a lot harsher than anyone else. It’s next to impossible for a normal person to stay cut/lean like we see on tv and YouTube without it pretty much being you job to do so.

When you say belly or flat tire, is it actually a lot of fat or is it while sitting hunched over? Because everyone has a bit of a muffin top when sitting hunched over.

You body weight seems light for you. Make sure your expectations are realistic.

@kstormy It's not a lot, but it's annoying. The area around the love humps is a little wider than by butt. And, when I relax my stomach, depending on the day, I can look like a pregnant high school girl. When I flex, it's basically flat.

@crosswise As everyone else is stating you are light for your height. You seem to be over obsessed about leanness and a little belly fat. In general, when people who already are light for their height are mainly focused on leanness they end up spinning their wheels cutting and not growing muscle. Usually in this situation it’s better to lean bulk and working on gaining muscle. The reason being is that If you have more muscle on your frame, whatever fat you have is less noticeable. Also it’s generally just easier to cut once you have a decent amount of muscle on your frame.

@crosswise Build more muscle. Cutting away all your fat isn’t going to give you the body you are looking for if all that’s under the fat is organs and bones. Wide back/shoulders make your waist look smaller. Bigger legs make your waist look smaller. Bigger core fills out the “flabby” look. But also set realistic expectations; people online you’re probably comparing yourself to generally aggressively cut and dehydrate, make a bunch of content, and then release it over time to make it look long term. A lot of them are also probably on steroids. Your body (especially your brain) needs fat so you’re gonna have it on you long term.