chest and tri day help

modestmom1975

hey everyone, i’ve been trying to lift lately and i made a chest and triceps day workout and tried it today but couldn’t finish cause my arms were just done. is there something i need to change or just need to push through next time?

shoulder press 3 x 10
lateral raise 3 x 10
chest press 3 x 10
chest flies 3 x 10

thanks in advance!

@modestmom1975 My shoulders and chest are by far the weakest muscles in my body. I’m slowly transitioning to heavier weights if I can do it but tbh I’m still on 5 pound dumbbells for the lateral raises. The rest I’m at 10 pounds but they’re still a challenge even a month after doing my routine. I have notice strength and muscle mass gains though so it’s doing something. Be consistent, have good form, and eat what you’re supposed to and you’ll see improvements just give it time.

@modestmom1975 Are you doing this with machines, barbells, dumbbells, also what order, how much rest time between sets, exercises etc. it’s hard to pinpoint without more details but since you’re a beginner you probably just can’t handle a bunch of

@modestmom1975 I’m not an expert but I’m tryna learn n do my research. Less weight, full motion, if it feels too light go slow while releasing and you’ll get to the end of ur set n not wanna go slow anymore lol (my experience)
You can also feel the way your arms breakdown and adjust the order of your set accordingly. I feel like chest flies is a hardcore exercise to end with but that I don’t really know.