Cirque du Soleil acrobat Andrii Bondarenko's Instagram page, where he shares incredible bodyweight fitness feats

@steve774 Not to take away from whatever he's doing, but just for the sake of conversation, you may notice that he's doing some handbalancing on some rather tall canes. Those canes are pretty interesting because the taller they get, they look more impressive and challenging, but in practice they make things actually easier, because they move slightly more, and so it allows for more tolerance for error correction!

@steve774 Yea I'm not saying he's not capable of doing things without canes. There are just hidden benefits to canes one may not notice. Another thing that's good about canes is that it requires less wrist flexibility because the fingers don't have to be extended flat on the floor and people feel like they have more control with them.

@fromgenesistorevelation Yeah, but even with the benefit of canes, that video he posted of switching the base hand of his OAHS, hopping off of one hand and then onto the other, on the same cane, still blows me away to even think about. Unreal.

@fromgenesistorevelation Youre absolutely right, the limited flex of canes is so helpful, although how helpful varies depending on the length and thickness of the canes. The shape and angle of the blocks on top also makes a big difference not only in reducing the need for wrist flexibility but you can grip the underside of the blocks and pull yourself back in line more easily.

@steve774 I am completely unsurprised (still
very impressed) at his ability and strength. CDS has extremely high standards for it's performers, even Olympian athletes are rejected.

@steve774 Well I mean, it IS his job...

But seriously though what I find even more amazing is just how average he looks. Like, you can literally find people with his size and build and yet they can't do fuck shit that he does. Truly amazing and something I aspire towards.

Back