Clean&Press vs DC&J

quez

What would bring the best returns, heavy double clean and presses or heavy double clean and jerk?

I haven’t messed around with the jerk yet, but people say it might be the king too building muscle and strength from kettlebells..

Thoughts?

@quez They are both great. The Press requires more absolute strength, the Jerk is a more explosive movement. If you're talking about the Girevoy Sport Long Cycle when you say clean & jerk, you have the ability to do the movement for a really long time which is cool.

I'm not really sure what's 'best' vs. what's 'worse', but when I program for KB only people, or was programming for myself when I was KB only, the Clean and Press would be done in my strength work and the Long Cycle would be done in my conditioning work.

I'm not quite sure the benefit of the Hardstyle Clean & Jerk is - I guess it sort of simulates a Barbell Clean and Jerk in the case that you don't have access to one. I haven't really done it much so I can't comment there.

@ant0099 Strong as hec on YouTube has a program straight sets and ladders and it’s clean and jerk.. says you can get stupid strong.. I’m thinking of running it.. I’m getting bored with clean and press lol

@mizan Yea it’s a free program, it’s 3 days a week sets of 6-4-8 15 mins as many sets as you can get.. that’s week 1&3 then 2&4 week’s are ladders (3,5,8), (2,4,6), (4,5,9)

Back