Daily neck workouts literally saved my life

olskool_727

Necks are one of the most neglected areas in training. It's probably ignored by most.

I started training my neck in March 2020, when I heard that neck training makes you look mature, respectable, and trustworthy. Little did I know that it would save my life one day.

Last week, my friend got his car crashed due to not slowing down on a speed bump. He didn't slow down, the car lost control and hit a traffic sign. I was seated on the passenger side, the shattered glass pieces roughed me up good. These glass bits pierced my neck, risking the back of my neck and spine. Scans showed the neck muscles acting as a buffer between the vital parts of my neck and the glass.

I hereby recommend everyone to start incorporating a 10-minute neck workout in their routine.

Basics of what I followed last year (for beginners):
All the best, stay healthy my friends.

Edit: Props to this course by physical trainer Alexander Juan Antonio Cortes for all the valuable neck training details/routines I learned along the way.

@fredbrenny Glad to be sharing this with you. Considering the neck does hold up one of the most vital parts of the human body - the head, it should be prioritized more by everyone when working out.

@olskool_727 My dad had a different accident were he fell down some stairs and broke his neck but because he trained it he was able to walk after because the muscles protected him

@cutoan If you want to train neck every workout (or every day), you could do the
following. It's easy to recover from, it's unlikely to lead to
neck stiffness, and you’d notice results in a few weeks.
If you only want to exercise your neck 2-3 times a week, use this.

Before starting your neck training journey, I recommend you do more research and do it with proper form in order to prevent irreversible upper backbone injury (due to friction, etc). I learned through this 40-page detailed PDF.

@olskool_727 Yeah. Westside Barbell(" controversial" gym because they approve of steriod use)
One of first videos i saw that had a literal neckwork out machine in it(the gym/owner made most of the machines). They use russian/bulgairan powerlifting machines and methods... which is all about strength in every fucking muscle.
@8:59 Look at that fucking neck machine.
He has another one that works the side of the neck too( or it might be that he just turns to the side and uses that same machine) but that is in another video i saw and cant find right now.
But sure, i am sure theres benifits to some neck workouts...
But once we start talking about jaw exercises and dog chew toys to work your jaw, I'm out

@dawn16 4-6 working sets, high rep, done thrice a week. After 6 weeks, I saw changes in neck muscularity. I then incorporated these sets in the middle of other workouts, mostly during rest periods.

@jamesnw In the first month of my neck training journey, I did the exercises listed above (in the post). Then, I bought this neck workout guide and exercised according to what Alexander instructs us to do.

@olskool_727 I fell about 12 feet down onto the back of my neck years ago reverse r/fullscorpion style, thank god I have a thick oddly strong neck, the ER docs credited it for me not being paralyzed or worse-so I get what you’re saying about muscles protecting you 100%.

Bad news is I suffer from poor neck mobility as a result so I need to get back to stretching it.