Dating while being petite and overweight

@jodi1028 When I dated my now fiancé, I didn't have my goal weight either. But then we talked, and we got along really well. When we talked about our hobbies, I told him that I'm into lifting and eating healthy. Also told him that I had already lost a bunch and was still not done and that left a lasting impression on him.

Just be as relaxed as you can about it and when the conversation flows, you can open up a little and talk about yourself.

Wish you luck 🙏 💕

@jodi1028 My bf always says men are simple we don't notice fine details we just want a pleasant, kind chill woman. I can understand being insecure in your body but fake confidence and you got this. (Easier said than done I know) Besides your weight isn't crazy high or anything, you are beautiful and you are worthy of happiness ♥️

@jodi1028 I met my boyfriend on Tinder when I was not at my healthiest! He loved my personality and humor. I lost a good amount of weight when I was with him. He still loves me and most importantly tells me all the time he loves me for my mind and heart. Confidence is key, don't cancel! You are a baddie regardless.

@jodi1028 If a person is too bothered by your appearance to be able to get to know you then they wont be worth your time. Let me tell you something you need to find someone who will accept who you are and love you no matter your weight or appearance. Body positivity is not about staying overweight. Obviously you do whats best for you and your health. Body positivity and body acceptance in relationships is about finding someone who will love you through the good and bad times. Not just through one side of it all. If a person wont love you on your weight loss journey they wont treat you right come the time you have children and enter postpartum. Think about that

@jodi1028 If he bails he isn’t the right guy. Period. I met my other half kayaking with a group. I’m 80 lbs overweight and he’s fit, muscular, etc. I was talking to a girl who had to be a size 4 and he paddled up and was talking to us while we all paddled for about 20-30 minutes. I felt he was there for the thin girl. So i slowly started drifting away from them but he followed me. 4 years later we are still together. He liked my personality and has told me bodies can change, looks will fade with age but who a person is is what really matters. So if this guy cares more about your scale numbers than you, let him and walk away. You deserve more than that.

@jodi1028 My advice is to refocus your concerns into whether or not you'll like him, not whether or not he'll like you. For all you know, the man is a catfish. Dating is rough, especially when we don't feel confident. I'm sorry you're struggling, but don't let any man make you question your worth. This is just some dude.

@jodi1028 No one else cares what the scale says. He’s attracted to YOU, not your weight!! I’m a similar weight/height and am still a bad bitch and so are you! I know this is after when your date was scheduled but I think you still needed to hear it. ❤️

@jodi1028 I am 5'1, 175lbs. I exercise a lot and have muscle. I wear medium/small clothes and size 7 jeans. On paper, I am overweight 🥲 but body reconstitution through weight training will reshape you well