Day 2/322 - this wasn't fun

hokiedad

So, I did not want to do today.

Up at 6am, 7 hours at work, the food shop and a trip to B&Q - out of the house for 11 hours, I seriously lacked the motivation to pick up a kettlebell.

Writing this was literally the only reason I got up to do it. Worked out, cooked and ate. My legs and arse ache. But I feel like the more I do it when I don't want to, the better I'll feel in the long run.

Thanks for making me do this

@hokiedad I did this one first for a few weeks until my body got used to the workouts and the added stress. After being inactive for a long time, it's amazing how this 15 minutes taxed me:

Then I moved onto these:

There is a playlist of their kettlebell videos:

I'd also add that The Body Coach TV has a lot of great beginner videos as well.

These were great videos as they were fairly simple movements and were well guided for someone who didn't know anything about kettlebells. After a little while, I started watching a lot of other videos from Strong First, Pavel, Dan John, Mark Wildman, Keith Weber, and a couple of others. My focus has never been on doing exotic movements and trendy flows, rather I was focused on good movement and building a sustainable program for myself.

I am still very much a newbie but there are a lot of great free and paid resources out there. I'm not programming how many other people may but I am doing what works for me and for my goals. As you are building up being comfortable and proficient with the movements, you can learn more about how to build up a program and a longer term plan.

@hokiedad Awesome job for pushing past your old habits and getting it done! High fives!

I know you said you weren’t a morning person but honestly, from a morning hater myself, getting up earlier to work out was the only way I could make a sustainable change. It was easier than trying to convince myself I could do it after a long day lol. It is such a great way to start the day strong, and fresh because it gives me so much more energy to take on my day. Just food for thought 💚

Keep up the good work!

@hokiedad I am not a morning person at all, on the rare occasions I have exercised before work I feel great for the day but I just can't make it stick.

My solution is to get home from work and immediately exercise. No distractions that suck you in for an hour - put your fingers in your ears when the wife starts listing what you have to do that night - just get home, get changed, kettlebell.

Back