Do my arms look abnormally small?

poolchick3

I do not like how my arms look, especially my forearms. I think they are weirdly skinny. I have been exercising regularly for almost 2 years now and I do pulling (lat pulldowns) and pushing (barbell and dumbell presses) exercises. With these exercises, I think my arms should have become bigger or at least more shapely. Instead, they look straight and soft. Do you think I have reached my potential for arm gains?

arms pic

arms pic 2

@poolchick3 no clue. up to you. just eat, train and progress in strength and dont worry about what you think society thinks you should look like. you obviously dont look like a well trained physique athlete but you are also probably not so fat or skinny that you are at a significant social disadvantage or whatever

@mommajulesberry
.....and dont worry about what you think society thinks you should look like.

I don't care about society that much. I care about what I think of myself and I don't like how my arms look.

....you are also probably not so fat or skinny that you are at a significant social disadvantage or whatever

not sure what you mean here...what do you mean by "social disadvantage"? Do you mean I am not odd looking?

@poolchick3 basically that you look normal enough that it doesnt stick out and this seems like you being in your own head but if you want big arms keep curling and getting stronger and eating

@poolchick3 Your forearms look proportionate to the rest. But if you want to grow, grip training would help. Any grip implement and most back exercises will help. Also reverse curls. Just make sure to really grab the handles or bars hard.

@poolchick3 To me, it’s not anything that would stick out I don’t think, but because you pointed it out, I do think your for forearms are a little small in comparison to your upper arm.

I, however, don’t think you’ve reached any type of ceiling for arm gains. What workouts you do and how you do them play a big role along with diet. How much time are you contracting your muscles during each rep and how many reps total do you do? Are you getting the right amount of protein and calories to see true gains? How often are you working out and are you recovering properly? You don’t have to answer these in the thread but I think answering them yourself and researching about muscle gain if you haven’t already, it would help a lot.

Also, I know you didn’t ask for workout suggestions, but rock climbing is a really good way to build forearm strength and size(bouldering and top rope). If you have a gym near you, give it a try if you’re interested and you may find a new hobby along with a great workout. Climbing was the only form of strength training I did for a year or so during covid and my arms grew to around 14 in. Not massive but very big in comparison to the rest of my arm. I was 17 at the time, but I still think it’d be worth trying.

Back