Exercises w/ sensitive knee

@iprayforpeace I would try Split Squats with that form. You can elevate the front foot to make it easier and gradually lower the elevation to make it harder. Another thing I would make sure to do is not to BOUNCE out the bottom of the squat. Gravity + load will add a LOT more load to the movement. So by not bouncing, you'll get much stronger!

@iprayforpeace speak to a professional if you can, but otherwise going to be yet another person to recommend knees over toes guy on YT.

have slightly bum knees and his recommendations reduced the funkiness I feel in the knees, including for full pistol squats.

@iprayforpeace Is "knees over toes" guy recommended for a meniscus tear? I was told by my PT that I can do body weight lunges, squats, etc as long as I don't notice aggravation to my knee. This is in addition to other recommendations. My knee will swell up if I do too much. I'm having a hard time being patient with the healing process as my knee issues have been ongoing since November.

@iprayforpeace What helps my knees is calf raises and foam rolling my quads and LT band. If you try foam rolling you should know that if you are rolling an area and it hurts it means the area is tight and needs more constant foam rolling. Roll each muscle for about a minute and no more than 2 minutes at a time. Avoid an exercise will get you nowhere. Find why you are experiencing pain and resolving this issue is the trick.

Also the hips can play a part in knee tightness so you want to look into that too possibly.

@iprayforpeace Bulgarian split squads? Make sure the weght is distributed evenly between the heel and the otward rim of the foot. The knee should also be pointed a little outwards, in line with the toes.

Back